10 - A Communication Marvel

While it has been ages since they have hung out with one another, Harper and the shapeshifting seekers of the Golden and Dark Army, were training in the vast desert of Egyxos. Explosions of sand danced around them as they jumped and dodged attacks.

When they stopped practicing, the trio sat around on the sand as they discussed what they previously got up to. As they were discussing what they going to practice next, sudden explosions of sand surprised the trio and they had to protect their faces from the sand.

"What is going on?!" Harper exclaims.

"We're under attack." The shapeshifters noted.

"Let's join our sides then." Harper groaned.

As they joined their army's, the trio fought each other with heavy hearts. Once the fighting stopped, the trio share looks with one another and leave with their respective Phaorohs.

When they arrived on Earth, the trio walked around Egypt. While it was enjoyable, Ramses and Anubi picked up on Harper's strange ability to speak to with people in their native language. As they sat down at a cafe where they had gotten their treats, the duo had decided it was a good time to mention what they'd noticed.

"How is it that you can speak the language so fluently?" Ramses asks.

"Hm? What do you mean?" Harper questions, perking up.

"How can you speak to the people of this land?" Ramses says. "It can take years to learn another language and yet you do it so effortlessly. How come?"

"I don't know." Harper shrugs. "I've always have this ability to speak a language just by listening to it. It's strange really."

After talking for a while longer, the trio left to do some window shopping. When they were bored and had enough of Egypt, the trio returned to Egyxos and practiced some more.

That night, Ramses and Harper lie awake in bed as they talk about the day. As they do, Harper starts to nod off to sleep. Seeing this, Ramses starts to talk in a softer tone with Harper and smiles when he sees her sleeping soundly next to him.

"Good night, my princess." Ramses whispers, kissing Harper's forehead.

Covering the both of them with a blanket, Ramses held Harper close and drifted off to sleep himself.