That... Really Could've Gone Better...

I fell to my knees. It took me a moment to process everything that had just happened, but before anyone even spoke I got back to my feet and drew my sword, heading back through the earth to stand by my brother's side. The sword Magnus held was Surt's chance at freeing the wolf, and I was more than willing to die to stop him from getting it.

     Surt smiled at my brother." I am impressed, the wolf told me you had potential. I don't think even Fenris expected you to do this well."

     I made eye contact with T.J. and we both nodded, ready to fight, before we turned to Magnus waiting for any sign that we should attack the fire giant, but he held his ground.

     " Go now," he said to Surt." Go back to Muspellheim."

     The fire giant, as I already guessed he would, laughed." Brave to the end! I think not, Magnus Chase, I think you will burn."

     Surt shot a ball of fire at my brother.

     " Magnus!" I yelled in warning, moving out of the way myself.

     He didn't do the same, instead, my brother just stood there and took the heat. All around his feet, the heather began blooming, as did the other flowers all over the island. Had Surt and the other giants not been here, it would have been absolutely beautiful.

     " The battle is over," Magnus stated." I concentrate this ground in the name of Frey."

     All of a sudden what seemed like a shock wave emanated from my brother, knocking the weapons out of everyone's hands ( including my sword, irritatingly enough). Any weapon someone was holding got flung to the ground, and the blades and arrows that were already on the ground got flung off the island, leaving Magnus to be the only one actually holding a weapon.

     Alf Seider, I realized, this was the same magic Magnus had apparently used on the battlefield of Valhalla after I'd died.

     " Tricks and childish magic," Surt growled." You cannot defeat me, Magnus Chase, that sword will be mine!"

     " Not today."

     Magnus threw the sword of summer over Surt's head.

     " What was that?" The fire giant asked, sounding slightly amused." An attack?"

     " No, that was your exit."

     Jack cut through the air behind Surt, opening a rift between whatever world we were in now, and Muspelheim. Almost immediately, it was as if there were a vacuum in the other realm sucking the remaining fire giants back to where they came from. As soon as the last giant was gone, the rift between worlds closed.

     " Bye!" Jack called after them." Catch you later!"

     Magnus walked over to Gunilla's body and fell to his knees. Sitting next to her for a few minutes as the rest of us watched in silence.

     " Magnus," T.J. spoke up." We have to go."

     I walked over to my brother and put a hand on his shoulder, before kneeling down as well to pick up the Valkyrie captain's corpse. Now that the battle was over, we all gathered together again, T.J. and Mallory helping support Halfborn, X carrying the bodies of the other two valkyries, and Blitz and Hearth supporting each other with Sam trailing behind them.

     " We have to hurry," the soldier spoke, as the ground beneath us began to vanish beneath us due to Magnus's magic.

     " Only seconds," Sam said from a little ways away." Go."

     With that, we started across the island, headed to the beach to where the others hopefully had a way of getting off this cursed island.

A/N: Four more chapters to go for The Sword of Summer before we move onto The Hammer of Thor. Off topic, I listened to Something Rotten yesterday and now 'Hard to Be the Bard' has been going through my head all day, it's a good song but really I can't get it off my mind. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.