Chapter Five: A Nice Gesture

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days. The theories about how he had entered the castle became wilder and wilder; Hannah Abbott, a girl in the year bellow me from Hufflepuff, spent much of their lunch telling anyone who'd listen that Black could turn into a flowering shrub. Of course the only person that had some sort of faith in this theory was Tyler.

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat grey pony. The Gryffindor's were not happy about this.

The weather worsened steadily as the first Quidditch match drew nearer. I was looking forwards to watching the match as it will most likely be the only positive thing happening currently with Sirius Black on the loose.

Since the night where me and Malfoy stood on duty together in the Great Hall, I found myself beginning to become more and more intrigued about her by the day. I would never admit this to anyone, but I have become quite entranced with her grey eyes that incredibly reminded me of the pale moon.

I didn't know what hid behind those eyes of hers, from the little information I know about her relationship with her father I have the slither of a feeling that her eyes have seen the most petrifying shit this world has ever seen.

"So, I have come up with some potential ideas for our assignment that will presumably get us an outstanding on the essay and the practical part," Malfoy announced authoritatively as she took out an astounding pile of notes.

I nodded absent-mindedly; my gaze fixed upon her as she handed me her research that must've have taken hours to do.

'She plaited her hair today,'

'Pretty'

"Care to share your opinion Diggory? We need to include this in our essay it's essential." She stated as a look of almost concern grew on her face as she waited for my response.

"Hm?" I snapped out of my gaze, "Oh, they're adequate."

Malfoy scoffed, "Adequate? Well I don't see you staying up all night to gather notes for this assignment." She shook her head at me, clearly irritated by my response.

She glanced down at her small, silver watch and then began packing away her things. "Transfiguration starts in five minutes and we get our results back from our test,"- "Are you going to just sit there or are you going to make the effort of showing up to class on time today."

"Can't bare the thought of being apart from me?" I smirked as I too packed away my things into my satchel, then threw it over my shoulder.

"Of course, I just can't go another second without your highly annoying presence." Said Malfoy as she walked away from me.

I couldn't help but feel a grin form on my face as I watched her walk away. 

"I am quite pleased with the majority of the results from this class," Said McGonagall as she handed out the tests back to everyone. "Some of you did extremely well," She placed my test on my desk where I saw that I scored full marks, a relieved smile appeared on my face instantly.