Chapter Thirty One: Forgive The World

What did I do to truly deserve Cedric?

And though the reason for his ever so perfect existence is unclear, it is the one thing that has convinced me to forgive this world.

For the world has him, and all that he is, which is absolutely everything I'll ever need.

The fact that he exists is the only reason I can choose to forgive.

"I don't deserve you," I whisper, pushing his hair away from his luculent eyes.

"How dare you say that," Cedric replies, the sun's rays reflecting onto his face.

"I don't. You're so amazing and caring and someone like me doesn't deserve someone like you," I assure him, his grip tightening around my waist. Cedric is too pure and too sweet to love me, as I fear. Yet, my love will forever remain undying for him.

"Amira," Cedric began; his eyes not leaving mine. "If I could, I would take all of the stars from the universe and gift them to you. That is what you deserve."

His lips brushed mine softly, delicately, like a butterfly's wings. Just long enough so that I could become drunk almost within the scent of citrus.

I rested my head on the pillow, my cheeks tinted pink ever so slightly. "The third task is in a few days, what are your plans for afterwards if you win?" I asked.

Cedric laid down so he was facing me, "I haven't thought about that yet."

I took his hand in mine and looked at his silver rings that he wore. The silver bands glimmered slightly in the light.

"Me and you should go somewhere for a while,"

My eyes flickered back up to his, "What do you mean?"

"You know. Runaway together, us against the world." Cedric showed a small grin, and I couldn't help but giggle.

"You are such a cliché," I smiled back at him.

He chuckled, "So is that a yes or no?"

"Of course it's a yes. Where and when will we go?"

"Travel around the country, or even around the world." Said Cedric, "And we will leave straight after the final task, I'll say goodbye to my parents, and we'll set off."

"We can get all of my savings from my vault just in case," I told him.

"Perfect." He showed me a pleased grin then placed another kiss on my lips. 

_