Chapter 7

Jutsus were flying all over the field as ninjas tried protecting themselves from the attacks and return the fire. Azmaria ducked as a stray jutsu went flying overhead, hitting an oncoming opponent. Throwing her weapon in an arc the long-range attack sliced through the sand and cut down the man. Suddenly, the ground below her feet began to tremble, causing those around to stumble.

"What the hell is going on?" a Fire Ninja shouted.

Immediately the ninja from Iwagakure and the Sound backed off, which caused alarm to fill the ex-Soldier, "Brace yourselves!"

The sand began shifting, tilting to one side as some scrambled for balance.

"Fall back! Fall back!"

The ground was slowly beginning to rotate as the rock far below began to shift. They would be buried alive. It became quite obvious to the others on the battlefield that something was wrong as the west end began tipping at an alarming angle and ninja were scattering.

"Kankuro!" Gaara shouted.

"On it!" The older brother cleared a path.

"Temari, with me!"

Both rushed through the middle of the battle, taking out anyone in their path. With her fan, the wind attack threw Sand, Lightning, and Fire Ninja that were trying to hold on and escape far away from the problem at hand. Meanwhile, Gaara performed hand signs in order for the sand to pull others to safety.

"Azmaria! Get out of there!" Temari yelled.

The ex-Soldier's feet were firmly planted in the sand, throwing around Wind Jutsus to help with the evacuation effort. Despite being in trouble herself. When the platform had been cleared the ninja pointed the weapon at the sky before shoving the tip into the ground and hoisting her body up into a handstand formation. A lightning attack released breaking apart the deep rock that had it collapsing in on itself and leveling out once more. Head turning in the direction of the five-person team that perform the jutsu she ripped the sword free and raced towards them. The men panicked trying to come together and form a counter attack. In seconds the young woman was in the center of the group and the enemy tensed. It only took seconds to cut them down before the ex-Soldier set her sights on the front line.

"Monsoon Shock Wave!"

The sand turned into a massive tidal wave from the wind that kicked it up and consumed the Rock and Sound Ninjas.

"Charge!" Baki shouted.

The Sand, Fire, and Lightning Ninjas took full advantage of the attack that scattered the enemy and rushed forward. There were no defined lines now as both armies mixed in a sea of clashing weapons and blood. Gaara had lost sight of his siblings in the madness, including Azmaria.

The ex-Soldier was in the thick of the battle near the center of the opposing army, cutting everyone down in her path when a blade sliced at her shoulder. Clenching her teeth in anger, the ninja threw the weapon from the man's grasp. Whirling around, the tip of her blade pressed against a Rock Ninja's throat as she stared him down with murderous intent. She could see the fear in his eyes, trying to mask it out with determination.

"Give me one good reason not to cut you down, traitor," she hissed.

He went to answer when the young man's eyes flickered towards the blade before looking up at the ex-Soldier once again.

"Azmaria..."

Her brows pinched, having no idea how this Rock Ninja knew her name.

"The Soldier... from the Chuunin Exam."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were at the height of the Chuunin Exam in a heated battle with a team from Earth Country in the canyon when the three Sand Ninjas managed to capture them and their scroll.