13 - Venomous Passion

CW: Sexual content ahead (not full blown smut)

They rushed towards the large door as gunshots rang all around them. Lights blared into their eyes, blinding them as they ran, guards all around them with their guns at the ready.

Aspen was unsure what they were shooting at, but the screeches they'd heard seemed to be enough of an indicator that it wasn't good.

The doors closed tight behind them, locking the creatures out, or rather, locking the Gladers in. They walked solemnly, staring all around them in astonishment at the rather large building they'd just been pulled into.

After an extraordinary feast, they settled on the floor of the room they'd be eating in, when the door suddenly opened and a man inched his way inside. They all stood up, eager for news on what was to happen next.

"You kids doing alright?" He said sternly, but with an element of comfort to his voice, it unnerved Aspen. "Sorry about all the fuss, we had ourselves a bit of a swarm."

Thomas' brows furrowed, curiosity and apprehension evident through his tone. "Who are you?"

"I'm the reason you're all still alive. It's my intention to keep you that way. Now, come with me, we'll get you kids squared away."

They stalked through the halls of this enormous place. "You can call me Mr. Janson. I run this place." The man lead them along. "For us it is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world. You all should think of it as a way station. Kind of a home between homes."

Thomas perked up. "That means you're taking us home?"

"A home of sorts. Sadly, there wouldn't be much left of where you came from. But we do have a place for you, a refuge, outside the scorch, where W.C.K.D. will never find you again. How does that sound?"

Minho was apprehensive to the idea. A bunch of people who decided they wanted to take kids in? For god knows what reason. "Why are you helping us?"

"Let's just say the world out there is in a rather precarious situation. We're all hanging on by a very thin thread. The fact that you kids can survive the Flare virus makes you the best chance of humanities continued survival. Unfortunately, it also makes you a target, as no doubt by now you've noticed." They found themselves at an entrance. "Beyond this door, lies the beginning of your new lives. First things first, let's do something about that smell."

The water splashed against Aspen's tired shoulders as he allowed it to glide over him, its warmth inviting him into a world of comfort, of hope. One by one they all staggered out of the locker room, Aspen staying in and securing a spot on a bench as Newt finished up in the shower.

Newt was under the impression he was the only one left in the room. Wrapping a towel around his waist, he suddenly felt a presence behind him, as he turned around and eyed Aspen across the room, towel around his waist.

Aspen looked up curiously, glancing towards the boy as he stood and a smirk graced his soft lips. Newt slowly walked towards the boy, as Aspen's heart began to race.

Aspen stood slowly, as Newt quickly came towards him. They were merely inches apart. Newt closed in on him, and Aspen's one track mind stuck on one thing, his lips.

He lifted his hand cautiously, placing it on Newt's cheek, before quickly interchanging it for the boys neck, flipping the tables as he pushed Newt against the wall.

Newts head titled back as a seductive smirk laced his lips. "Well, are you going to kiss me or not, darling?"

"Shut up." Their lips entangled in a passionate kiss, each of them trying to take the lead.

Aspens hand reached towards Newts waist as the boy arched his back, gasping for air through the kiss. Lust was clouding their minds as they fought for dominance.

Aspen's left hand remained on the boys waist, his right still secured around the boys neck as he squeezed and Newt practically moaned into his lips.

Aspen pulled away, laughing lightly as he stared at the flustered and bewitched boy in front of him. "You're fucking pathetic, you know that?"

Newt shook his head, cheeks burning as his chest heaved in rhythm with Aspen's.

Thomas glanced up towards the two boys as they exited the room, one after the other. "Hey, what took you guys so long?"

"Aspen takes forever in the shower. I just waited for him."

Thomas accepted the answer warily, nodding his head with furrowed brows. As they all began to walk away with the people who had saved them leading them somewhere, Aspen leaned in towards Newt, his breath against the boys ear.

"You know that's not what happened, love."

The syringe poked into Aspens arm with a sting, as the man injected the fluid into his body. They sat in that room for a while, doing all sorts of tests, getting blood drawn, etc. Before Thomas was lead away to another room, and not long after Aspen was as well.

Newt eyed the man taking the boy away with suspicion, where were they going?

Aspen sat, arms crossed in an interrogation room, before finally, Janson walked in, leaning towards the table as he stared at Aspen and tilted his head curiously.

"Can I help you?" Aspen practically spat.

Janson let out a breathy laugh. "What do you remember about W.C.K.D.?"

"Not much, I just know I worked for them." That's a fucking lie and a half. Aspen remembered leaking information, he remembered being taken away from his family, he remembered torturing his friends and watching them die, one by one disappearing.

"That's all?"

"Yes. Why do you ask, Janson? Is there something I should know?" He mocked.

Janson sucked his teeth before responding. "Awful lot of attitude for someone whose life was just saved."

"Why are you surprised? You know me. I don't know you, but you sure as hell know me." He leaned forward, licking his lips and shaking his head. "Do you think I'm stupid? I'm not. You're with them, aren't you. This is all just another fucking test, isn't it?" His words came out in a yell, dripping with venom.

"I think we're done here."

He left Aspen alone to the room for a few minutes, before he was escorted out by a man with a pistol in hand, which practically confirmed Aspen's suspicions. They never escaped W.C.K.D. they just walked right into another trap, another test, another maze.

 they just walked right into another trap, another test, another maze