26 - Silence the Cries

The man's grip on young Aspen's body never ceased, as he pulled the boy away from his crying mother.

"My son! No!" She yelped as the man struggled against the child, kicking and scratching at his skin.

"Mom! Mom!" Aspen cried, tears welling in his eyes as they flowed from his face at a steady pace. "Dad!"

Aspen's gaze landed on his father, who wore a solemn look, void of emotion and expression.

Thinking back on it, Aspen had always been under the impression that his father was simply in shock, unable to comprehend the very fact that his boy was being ripped away from him by a ruthless cooperation.

But, now? Aspen realized that his father was void of emotion because he simply didn't give a shit. He had allowed his son to be mercilessly ripped away, because he never saw Aspen as his son.

So while Aspen spent his years at W.C.K.D. thinking back with sorrow to his mothers crying eyes and his father expressionless features, he missed his parents.

Now, regretfully, he still missed them. His mother hadn't done anything wrong, Amelia Vaughn was the kindest soul you would ever meet in your lifetime.

Jeffery had a facade of solemn sweetness, a brick wall build higher than the very walls of the Glade, for him to hide behind. Jeffery hid his ruthlessness behind that very wall, and Aspen was ready to tear it down.

Amelia had reason to be missed, many reasons. Jeffery? Why would Aspen miss the man who tore him away from family and gave him over to W.C.K.D.?

Thinking back at the times when Jeffery would lash out at Amelia, Aspen realized that Jeffery was simply a bad person.

That was when it clicked, the poem his mother had always read him as a child, and it's true meaning.

The course pallet of our love,
Worn out and gritty
Small tears forming
Along burnt edges.

Holding on for dear life
Pleading not to be torn apart,
Its cries and yelps
of agony.

It's only overshadowed
By the overbearing urge
To pull it apart
And throw it away.

Silence the cries.

Amelia was unhappy, not with Aspen, but with her husband. Jeffery Vaughn was the poem's interpretation to Amelia, who had written the poem.

The course palette of their love, worn out and gritty from being locked away and blocked by Jeffery tall walls of his facade. Small tears forming and the burnt and restless edges of their relationship, and they slowly fell apart.

Holding on for dear life, pleading not to be torn apart, Amelia's desperate attempts to fix their relationship, to make it whole again, and Jeffery's fake caring for the future of his marriage. It's cries and yelps of agony, Amelia's cries over her failed relationship, and the fear of how it might affect her son if they broke up.

It's only overshadowed by the overbearing urge to pull it apart, throw it away, get divorced. The urge to end it, to finally be free from the shackles and constraints of their relationship.

Silence the cries.

A/N
Really sorry for the short chapter, Im writing this at 4 in the morning cuz i can't fall back asleep, and I didn't have any chapters left over to post. I'm going to do more writing today and a regular chapters will up tomorrow. <3

 <3