Chapter 23

Eula's POV

Ako na siguro ang pinakatangang tao na nabubuhay sa ngayon. Nagawa ko pang matuwa na makita siya kahit pa na nasaktan ako ng dahil sa kanya.

"Long time no see Eula. Hindi naman ako nasabihang nakabalik ka na pala." He crossed his arms. "Or maybe you're avoiding me?"

I forced a smile kahit pa nakapakahirap gawin noon dahil ang napakabilis ng tibok ng puso ko. Hindi ko magawang kumalma knowing that he's in front of me.

"Why should I avoid you Wyeth? Isa pa, kababalik ko lang din. Naging abala din ako sa trabaho kaya hindi na kita nasabihan." Paliwanag ko.

Why am I explaining to him anyway?! Hindi na dapat ako nagpapaliwanag sa kanya.

"Oh. I see." Binaling niya ang paningin niya sa painting. "Hindi ko alam na nagpipinta ka na pala. Somehow, the place in this painting is familiar to me." Binalik niyang muli ang paningin sa akin. "So familiar that it makes my heart beat so fast seeing this image."

His gaze felt so warm. There is something with the way he looks at me that I can't determine. Is it longing? Sadness? Pain?

But why would he feel that way? Siya ang naunang magmahal ng iba. Bakit siya masasaktan?

"I see Mr. Santillan. Are you interested buying this piece? Cause if ever you wanted it, i'm willing to give it."

"But I think this piece is important to you. You wouldn't spare a few minutes of your time if this wasn't important to you." He said.

The way he talked to me, it pains me. But I know myself that I was the one who brought that pain to him. He must be making me feel the same pain he went through before he had Crystal in his life.

I smiled at him. "Yeah. This piece is special and important to me." I faced Bernard. "Bernard, pakitanggal naman na to tapos pakisakay na lang sa sasakyan ko."

Bernard immediately did what I instructed him to do. Tinulungan siya ni Joey sa pagdadala ng painting papunta sa sasakyan kaya naiwan kaming dalawa ni Wyeth.

It's awkward. I didn't even know why we came into this situation. This situation where no one dares to speak. No one dares to say a word.

"I hope you won't mind if I take a few minutes of your time for a coffee." He offered.

I didn't dare to speak. I just nodded in agreement then followed his way to the cafeteria located in the same building of the gallery.

He was the one who ordered for us. I stayed on a seat beside the glass window and waited for him patiently as he ordered.

Staring at him, I could see that everything had changed. His body has a perfect build now. His muscles are evident despite the thick cloth of the suit he is wearing. The way he move and talk, he's full of confidence. Way too different from the Wyeth I first met six years ago.

He walked to my direction while holding a tray where he placed our drinks. He placed them before he seated on the chair in front of me.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I nervously asked.

"You looked so nervous Eula. Does my presence make you so nervous now?" He asked while blowing his cup of coffee. "Is it because of guilt?"

No Wyeth. It's because you make my heart beat erratically like there is no tomorrow. Because I ... I still love you.

"No. Hindi ko lang alam kung bakit gusto mo kong makausap."

"Hmmm, kamusta ka na Eula? How was the five years of hiding away from me?" He asked.