Chapter 27

NICOLE'S P.O.V

It was morning. I was still huddled in the squishy chair with a knitted blanket covering me. Chandler must have put it there. My eyelids flickered open only to see Chan standing at his closet, picking out a shirt. He pulled out a blue and white plaid, then slipped it over his head. He noticed I was awake, so he started towards me.

"Hey, baby..." He whispered, sweetly.

"Hi...why are you getting ready?"

"Thought you might wanna go see Felix."

I nodded my head cause I really did want to. He helped me up off the chair and handed me some clothes.

"I'm going to make some breakfast."

"Don't burn the bacon this time." I jokingly warned him.

He laughed then went down the stairs. Chan had handed me some black leggings, a light purple knitted sweater, and some brown leather combat boots. I set them on the toilet seat, so I could take a shower first.

Before I got in the shower, I stood in front of the mirror, staring. I ran my faded Ombre hair through my fingers. I squatted down and searched through the drawers. I pulled out some dark brown hair dye. I tossed it in my hands then opened the package.

***

I turned off the hot water, hopping out of the tub. I looked in the mirror again. It was long dark brown hair now. No more ombre. I dried it with my blow dryer, then slung it up into a messy bun. I got my clothes on, then walked downstairs.

Chandler was watching tv, so I grabbed a pop tart out of the cupboard.

"Let's go." I told him. He got up and we drove down to Felix's temporary home. Jail.