Chapter 41

NICOLE'S P.O.V
I coughed, trying to sit up, but I couldn't. There was too much pain in my chest. I sniffled with a slight whine as I forced myself up. I scanned the area p, noticing I was sitting on damp palm tree leaves that had fell over.

"CHA- AH!" I screamed in pain, grasping the left side of my rib cage.

"Chandler..." I cried softly. I laid back down, looking around with my bloodshot eyes. I saw someone familiar sitting and making their way through the debris.

"Freddie...? Freddie!" I tried to say as loud as possible. Suddenly, his blue eyes shot towards me, his face bloodied.

"Nicole!" He yelled, trying to make his way to me. There was a large section of flowing water in between him and I. It was coming from the nearby ocean, flooding the land.

He started swimming towards me. That's when I noticed something.

"Freddie, swim faster..." I said.

"What?" He asked as he made his way.

"COME ON, FREDDIE!" The pain shot through my body.

He started paddling fast and hard as the shark swam closer behind him. It must've been washed in.

He was so close, coming at full speed. But, so was the monster.

"FREDDIE! COME ON!" I screamed, my veins about to bust out of my neck.

Then, he was ripped under the water.

"No...no, Freddie..."

There was no movement, only blood finding its way to the surface.

"Freddie!" I cried. Suddenly, a figure shot out of the water. It was Freddie, he was breathing heavily.

I reached out for him and helped him up. There was bite marks in his right leg.

He bent over and grabbed something from the water. The shark.

"How did you do that...?" I asked, stunned.

"It attacked me under the water. I found an old pipe under there somewhere. Killed it." He sucked in a breath and I could tell he was feeling a lot of pain.

"We-um can have shark for dinner..." He smiled.