Chapter 6 - Kings and Queens of Old

Idalla turned from the group of centaurs she was talking to as she heard grunts and the sounds of metal swords clashing, grabbing her dagger as she rushed towards the sounds along with some of the other warriors. She found Caspian and another boy around his age with blonde hair battling each other, neither seeming to have the upper hand until the boy knocked Caspian's sword out of his hand. He swung again, but the sword lodged itself in a tree and Caspian kicked him to the ground as he tried to pry it out.

"No!" Idalla shouted as the boy stood up with a large rock, going to hit Caspian across the head until a girl's voice came from the other direction.

"Stop!" she shouted before revealing herself. She was a young girl with long brown hair and a red and cream dress. She and the boy looked around as the Narnians surrounded them, all with weapons at the ready.

Idalla rushed up to her brother. "Are you alright?" she asked and he nodded, pulling the sword out of the tree and holding it up, Idalla clutching her dagger as she looked between the girl and boy.

"Prince Caspian? Princess Idalla?" the boy asked.

"Yes. And who are you?"

"Peter!" another girl yelled, running up to them with a younger boy behind them. This girl was wearing a purple dress, seeming to be around Caspian's age while the boy had a blue shirt, dark hair and eyes. He looked closer to Idalla's age. A dwarf ran up with them too, the same one that had attacked them on the night they had escaped from the castle.

Caspian looked down at the sword, noticing the lion at the bottom of the hilt. "High King Peter," he realized.

"I believe you called."

"Well, yes, but..." He glanced at them all again. "I thought you'd be older."

"Well, if you like, we could come back in a few years."

"No," he stopped him. "No, it's alright. You're just... You're not exactly what I expected," he looked at them all again, his eyes coming to rest on Susan

"Neither are you," Edmund spoke up, his sight focused on Idalla.

"Well, I guess we're all surprised," Idalla said with a small smile.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes," Trufflehunter said.

"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege," Reepicheep walked forwards. "Our hearts and swords are at your service."

"Oh my gosh. He is so cute," Lucy said, making him jerk up from his bow.

"Who said that?" he demanded, drawing his sword.

"Sorry," she told him.

"Oh, uh... Your majesty, with the greatest respect, I do believe courageous, courteous, or chivalrous might more befit a knight of Narnia."

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade," Peter said.

"Yes, indeed. And I have recently put it to good use securing weapons for your army, sire."

"Good. Because we're gonna need every sword we can get," he turned back to Caspian and Idalla.

"Well then, you'll probably be wanting yours back," he held it out and Peter took it, returning it to its sheath.

"If you'll follow me, I'll brief you on our numbers and supplies."

Short chapter, but the Pevensies have arrived!