confessions .

24] CONFESSIONS  (unedited)

     JJ STILL WOULDN'T tell Synley why Rafe and his dogs decided to jump the two boys

     JJ STILL WOULDN'T tell Synley why Rafe and his dogs decided to jump the two boys. His answer everytime being that "They started it." Childish.

He gave no details, no hints as to what conspired between them and the Kooks. The only thing she could pick up on was that for the first time in her entire friendship with the boy, Pope wasn't scolding JJ for getting them into trouble. It was unnerving and only intensified Synley's suspicion.

She kept this in mind as she restocked the produce at Heyward's Seafood store. Pope and Synley were going to be helping Pop out at Midsommers tonight and couldn't hang out. So Kie and JJ decided to bring the hangout to them.

John B was still off doing God knows what. Synley worried about that too. She didn't exactly know how she took on the role of being the worry-wart mom of the group, but it's all she seemed to do these days. She figured if this is what having kids was like, you could count her out. The pogues acted as perfect substitutes for birth control.

"Don't let it get in your head, brother. Three of them and two of us. That's some typical Kook shit right there." JJ tossed a ball up and down, his eyes on Pope.

She listened intently as they spoke, but didn't bother to join the conversation. Her stomach had been in knots since last night, and the more they talked about it, it only festered more. She couldn't shake the feeling that worse things were going to happen. Kooks weren't the type to just let things go. There was always more. Especially when it came to Rafe Cameron, something was not right with that boy.

"Hey, Pope... Someone here to see you." Mr. Heyward walked in, and Synley's face paled. She should've knocked on wood. Deputy Shoupe walked in.

"Evening officer.." Pope stood up straighter, his eyes widening in the slightest.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." What?!

Synley looked between JJ and Pope, watched as the latter looked at the blonde boy with wide eyes. JJ shook his head, discretely mouthing something to him.

"Whoa, Shoupe, what'd he do?" Pope's dad asked.

"Take a look at the warrant, Heyward."

Synley dropped the fruit she was holding as he threw handcuffs on her friend, "What the hell, Shoupe?" They were all talking at once, all demanding answers and receiving jack shit. Pope? Felony destruction? There was no way. Those two things had no right being in the same sentence.

They all followed him outside as the officer lead Pope to Shoupe's awaiting cop car.

"What the hell did those Kook assholes say?!" Synley yelled, storming after them. Mr. Heyward was holding JJ back, Kiara was yelling along with Synley. Shoupe ignored them all.