did you just hit me ?

12] DID YOU JUST HIT ME

     JOHN B KEPT HIS PROMISE TO SYNLEY THAT HE WOULDN'T GO ON A HUNT FOR HIS DAD LAST NIGHT, but he never said anything about the next day

     JOHN B KEPT HIS PROMISE TO SYNLEY THAT HE WOULDN'T GO ON A HUNT FOR HIS DAD LAST NIGHT, but he never said anything about the next day. Besides she had nothing to worry about, he wasn't going alone.

"I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara, she clearly likes you!" JJ was going on a tangent in the passenger seat of the van, still on the whole think about how John B and Kie should hook up.

Maybe Synley did have something to worry about, JJ wasn't the smartest option to bring anywhere. But he's been his side kick since day one, and they haven't died yet, so JB hoped they'd be okay.

"She's all like 'Oh John B!'" JJ fakes out a moaned, and JB looked over to him, "Oh is that what she said?"

"She's sketching about you diving and then she kissed you bro!" J threw out his hands as if to motion that all of these things obviously mean that Kie likes him.

"She kissed me on the cheek. It's not like we were making out or something." John B corrected, although he couldn't help but let a small smirk creep out onto his lips. Kie was really hot. He wouldn't mind if the latter option were to happen.

"Low hanging fruit, bro." JJ shrugged, and John B looked at his friend like he was crazy. He wasn't even sure if he knew what that meant. He chose to rebuttal either way.

"I don't know why we're talking about me and Kie when we should be talking about you and Synley." John B smiled over at the blond, knowing it would get under his skin.

"Dude, get off that shit about me and Syn. She doesn't like me dude and even if she did that's my best friend, bro."

"Best friends or not, you and I both know there's something there. I mean Jesus, J! You're practically down each others throats the way you two look at each other!" John B took one hand off the wheel, flicking the blond in his temple. The blond swatted his hands away, rubbing at his head, as if it actually hurt.

"Whatever, bro. You're just trying to change the subject 'cause you're too scared to take your shot with Kie."

John B rolled his eyes but let the conversation die out as to they were finally pulling into their destination.

JB grabbed his fathers compass off the dashboard, stuffing it in his pocket as he got out of the van. He stared at the run down house before him and sighed out. Hopefully this will lead him to some answers about his father.

Scooter Grubs somehow got his hands on the compass, so he figured if anyone knew why he had it, it would be his now-widowed-wife, Lana.

"You know what this house looks like?" John B looked around at the messy yard, and the salmon colored paint that had started chipping off the exterior of the house.

"Like whoever lives here smokes too much weed." JJ answered back in amusement.

As they got closer to the house, the sounds of shattered glass could be heard. The two boys both stopped in their tracks.