they told me you were no good .

5] THEY TOLD ME YOU WERE NO GOOD

     ITS BEEN TWO DAYS, AND SYNLEY STILL HASN'T TALKED TO HER BOYFRIEND

ITS BEEN TWO DAYS, AND SYNLEY STILL HASN'T TALKED TO HER BOYFRIEND. He's texted her. Multiple times. But she just doesn't know what to say right now. And she's got a bad habit of ignoring issues until they either go away, or solve themselves. Synley didn't know which she would rather more right now.

All she was worried about at the moment, was making sure she stocked up enough groceries for her pregnant sister and soon-to-be brother in law before this hurricane set in.

Hurricane Agatha was on the move, and according to the forecast and the harsh winds that whipped her ash hair wild, it wasn't going to spare Outer Banks.

She assumed the power would go out. For how long? She didn't know. So non-perishables it was. And of course an enormous amount of fruit for the craving older Brookes sister.

She was shoving yet another pack of strawberries into her cart when she heard her name being called. "Syn?" the voice called again, and immediately she knew who it was.

"Long time no see my fellow homie!" the boy grabbed her by her shoulders when he caught up to her, shaking her slightly.

"JJ you literally saw me yesterday." she shrugged him off, quickly performing the pogue handshake before continuing to aimlessly look around the aisles for anything she had missed.

"One day too long. How am I supposed to breathe without seeing that mean look on your face?" he grabbed her rose colored cheeks, giving them a prompt squeeze before laughing. Proving his point, she glared at him.

"What are you even doing here, J?" she made her way to the closest register, and he followed her lead. Grocery shopping wasn't really something JJ would go out of his way to do.

"I got bored, and this was the closest place to waste time." Typical J. Weirdest person she knew. She loved him anyways, though.

As the cashier scanned her items, she turned to the fellow blond. "And you can't waste time by getting drunk at John B's like usual?"

He fidgeted with his cap, before stepping around her to pick up some of her grocery bags.

"It's no fun with no one around. JB's been a bit off ever since his DSS meeting."

"No shit." she hummed as she quickly paid the cashier her dues before grabbing the other half of bags.

"You think I can come over for the night?" JJ never stayed at home. He just floated from John B's and Synley's from time to time. He had his reasons.

"Fine but you gotta help cook Selena dinner. Asher isn't getting home till late." Synley squinted her eyes from the harsh rays of the North Carolina sun, not facing JJ as she spoke.