for bird .

15] FOR BIRD

     ITS BEEN A COUPLE DAYS SINCE THE LIGHTHOUSE INCIDENT

ITS BEEN A COUPLE DAYS SINCE THE LIGHTHOUSE INCIDENT. John B got arrested. And bailed out all in the same day. JJ was sleeping at Synley's still, Pope was either working for his dad or working on his Merit essay. And Kie was on the rocks with her dad. The crazy goose chase for gold was over and they were free to go back to their respective lives.

Or so they thought.

JJ dragged a hit from his vape, leaning his head back as he blew out the smoke. "You know, you could always help." Pope looked up at his friend from his squatted position, referring to whatever machine his dad needed him to fix this time.

"I'm good man, knock yourself out." JJ gave the boy a lopsided smile, waving him off as he propped himself up against the shed behind him.

Pope was about to slip out a smart comment, when a car horn interrupted him. The two boys turned their heads over to see no other than John Booker Rutledge.

The freckled boy simply waved for them to get in and JJ smiled, glad he got out of possibly having to help Pope.

"Let's ride." JJ took his weight off of the wall and walked towards the van, Pope in pursuit.

"Getting the gang back together. Any idea where your girlfriends at today?" John B looked over to the boy in the passenger seat with a knowing smirk on his face.

"She's not- man whatever." J rolled his eyes, waving his best friend off before continuing, "Try the skate park. Today's Tuesday and that's usually when she goes to see her plug."

"Yeah, because you would know that." Pope laughed from the back seat, giving John B a high-five as he did so.

The two were met with a very aggressive middle finger as they made their way to where J said Syn would be.

As the three pulled up to the park, it wasn't hard to spot the girl since it wasn't super crowded today. And, well, at the moment she was the only girl out there. 

J rolled down his window, "Synley!"

The girl turned around at the sound of her name, squinting against the harsh sun to see who it was. She smiled once she saw the van full of boys. She turned back around.

"Ight I gotta go, thanks again Spike." She smiled, slapping his hand softly in a way of saying goodbye, and also slipping a ten in his hand while he discreetly exchanged it for a little bag of green magic. The boy winked at her, "Always a pleasure." 

"Hurry up, sunshine!" J called out again and Synley grinned before running to the van. Pope slid open the door for her as she drew closer, and she happily hopped in.

"Hey, boys." she greeted, flashing them her pearly whites as she tucked the little baggie in her bra.

"Hey, sunshine." Pope teased and JJ flung around, pointing a warning finger at the boy. Synley furrowed her brows, clueless to their previous dispute, but laughed nonetheless.