Growing Pack

Rick had been right, they hit traffic quickly, the radio only repeated the same thing, "Safety at Atlanta." They had quickly turned it off, the soft breathing coming off Daryl informed both alpha's their mate and pup were out cold.

"What...what past was Cas referring to about Daryl? How did you two meet?" Sam finally asked, they had been making small talk for most of the drive, but now Sam decided to take his chance. Rick's eyes lowered to the steering wheel, he checked the rear view before turning to look at Sam, they weren't at a dead stop yet but it was coming.

"I saved him from a pack of alphas he had been illegally sold to by his father, they called themselves the claimers. Thankfully he hadn't been there longer then a few hours so he hadn't been raped, but it was part of their plans, the things I found there was horrific. Daryl..well you will see it when you help with his heat but his back is pretty scarred, he was whipped by his father as a pup. He presented as an omega at eight, and at eight he turned into a missing person. He was being held captive by his father and brother, they were training him to be the 'perfect' omega. He was subjected to torture, had to watch a lot of nasty things happen to omegas. He was priced out, but then they found out he had a working womb and that went to shit."

Sam's eyes were wide in terror, a low growl escaped his throat. "What happened to the claimers, to his father, to his brother?"

"Claimers well most of them scattered, his father is dead thankfully, his brother Merle was in prison a few months back but he could be anywhere by now." Rick clutched the wheel.
Traffic hit a dead stop, after a half hour the alphas stepped out into the road. Sam, Dean, Rick, and Shane talked about their plans. Lori woke first and padded out to meet the new alphas, Cas followed shortly after, he wasn't asleep of course but he didn't want to be out there if no one else was. Daryl woke, he looked out the window to see a female beta and a blonde pup sitting in the back of a car. He growled at the alpha male in the front seat, he just looked like a bad man. Daryl didn't know if he should step out with his mates or not, being an omega wasn't safe. Plenty of people had gone years now without seeing a living omega, he swore and twitched causing Carl to stir.

"Sorry puppy." Daryl muttered under his breath.

"Where are my dads?" Carl asked, sitting upright.

"With your uncles, Shane is out there too, and Lori. You want to go see them?"

Carl nodded, Daryl opened the door and they both stepped out. Daryl picked up Carl and walked carefully up to his small pack. Sam and Rick quickly turned their heads, smelling their mate, Carl was set down and raced up to them. Lori hugged the pup tightly.

"Daryl, you should go back to the car sweetheart." Sam suggested.

"Not happening." Daryl grunted, it wasn't an order so he didn't have to listen. Sam gave him a look, Dean chuckled.

"This one is going to give you a run for your money Sammy."

Sam whacked his brother upside the head. Cas screwed up his face. "Run for your money?" He repeated under his breath. Dean smirked, kissing Cas on the cheek to silence him. Lori smiled as Shane picked Carl up. A few people had caught Daryl's scent, their heads were turning and they were watching him with wide eyes. He hid between his two mates, Sam held his hand while Rick held him to his body tight.

The little blonde came running up to him, Daryl looked down at her as she looked up with a wide smile. "Are you a real omega? Daddy says you don't exist anymore." She was bouncing on her heels.

"I...yeah sweetie."

Carl laughed. "Yeah, my mom is real."

The little blonde smiled big. "You mean he gave birth to you!" She squealed, a few people heard that and their eyes grew wide. Carl nodded proudly. This omega wasn't just special, he was extra special. Daryl felt himself flush under the excitement he was bringing, she raced off towards her parents. Her mother came back following the pup.