Hounds of Hell

"Carl had a good idea," Daryl said sheepishly. Sam, Rick, and Daryl were sitting together in the tent, the pups were with the women and the others were waiting to know if they were going or staying. "I feel bad about kicking Dale and the girls from the RV though."

"What was the idea?" Rick questioned.

"He suggested we take the RV, so that way you both can easily swap who drives or who knots me and I can stay in the back. Carl offered to ride with Cas and Dean in the impala and have Dale, Andria, or Amy drive our car for the time being. I don't know what's best, I say we don't even worry about my heat. I don't need to be knotted, I don't need it. I was fine enough when we missed one heat Rick."

"You were in the hospital after." Rick grumbled. "We can't just leave it be."

"What happens if we get separated and I get a heat? You won't be there, he won't..and I will have to deal. Why put the pack at risk when it is just a heat." Daryl was muttering under his breath, he was angry. He hated this part of him, hated that he had no choice.

"It isn't just a heat Daryl, it is your heat. You are our mate, we are supposed to help you." Rick argued.

"We should just go look for suppressants, I don't need this. What if I get pregnant Rick? What are you going to do then?"

"We will protect you."

"I don't want to be protected."

Sam couldn't help but laugh. "Sweetheart we are going to protect you regardless if you want it, just let us help."

Daryl grunted. "Fine. We can go or we can stay, but I think the RV is the better option if we go. Dale has to agree to it though, and Dean has to actually be okay with Carl being in the impala, not just say he is."

"Dean will be happy to get to know Carl better." Sam said. "I promise."

"Next question, where are we even planning on going? Do we have a plan for that, or are we just driving? We will run out of gas eventually, we need an actual plan. I am not putting my pups out there for them to just get eaten."

Sam looked to Rick, Rick looked over his mates. "I assume the other big cities were destroyed like Atlanta, so that isn't going to work right. Maybe the CDC is still up and running."

"Maybe, we need a yes or no. I am not putting my pups in the line of danger for a maybe."

"Merle could come back."

Daryl growled. "You should have killed the fucker." He pushed past the two alphas and grabbed his bow, the pups, and headed down to the lake to fish. Sam and Rick sighed. Dale kept watch on the omega and the pups from the RV. Jim and Jacqui were helping pack a few things just in case they were planning on going. Dale agreed to give up the RV if they wanted it, Amy and Andrea were also happy to offer a safe place for the omega to have his heat. Carol and Ed were discussing the plan, Ed wanted to go but he was planning to leave Sophia with Daryl. Carol refused to leave her pup. Shane and Lori were sitting together talking about options with Sam and Rick.

Daryl was right, they couldn't go for a maybe.

Daryl was watching the pups splash in the water when he heard rustling behind him. He turned his head and spotted a man watching them. "Daryl Dixon Grimes Winchester." The man smiled, he stepped out from the trees and walked up to them. Daryl held his hand back telling the pups to stay back.

"Do I know you?" Daryl asked his bow raised.

"Not me, but your new mate and I are...business partners."