Familiar Faces

Daryl watched out the window with big eyes, Carl had fallen asleep on his lap and he smiled petting his head softly. He loved his pup, he loved his alphas, he loved his pack. He was thankful they had found a place with walls before winter came, he didn't want to be ready to burst before they found a place to hold up.

They appeared at the walls of the prison, "Shit that's gonna keep up going." Rick smiled, he was already imagining the gardens they could make, the extra setups they could add to protect the walls and their pack.

"How are we doing this? I want to help," Daryl said, lifting his bow up. "Please."

"Alright, the pups stay in the RV, those towers look clear. I want you and Dean in one, Hershel and Bobby in the other. So you keep track of me while I run in and close that fence, then we will light it up and take the yard."

"Good idea okay." Daryl smiled, pulling his bow over himself, the pack combined then to talk about the plan. The pups all climbed in the RV Carl was still asleep in. Castiel and Gabriel smiled as they worked their way into the gates. The pack ran together Daryl in the center, they made their way to the fence.

"Alright, you distract the dead while I run across, we have Daryl, Dean, Bobby, and Hershel in the towers." Rick barked. The pack nodded and began to yell at the fence catching the walkers attention. Sam opened the fence giving Rick a soft kiss to the cheek as he ran through the yard, Daryl kept a close eye on his mate shooting the walkers close to him. Rick smiled as he got the fence closed and climbed up the tower closest to him.

"Light it up!" The omega yelled.

Everyone began to take their aim killing off the walkers in the yard, Daryl smiled feeling like this was real, this was what they needed. He set his hand on his stomach with a smile, they were giving their pup a life ehre. "You okay 'mega?" Dean asked, looking him over.

"Never been better." Daryl smiled as he let another arrow fly.

They climbed down from the towers and drove in the trucks and RV's. They could build this place up and make it right. Beth smiled as she, Carl, and Duane ran around the yard. The alphas were working on getting the undead piled up into one of the trucks to drive to a side to burn them.

The betas were busy getting a fire started and some of their supplies out to make a meal. T-Dog was helping both sides, while he was a beta he wanted to be more useful than starting a fire. Daryl was walking around checking out the fences, Rick and Sam watched him carefully but he seemed good.

Carol watched curiously as he sat beside one part of the fence. She trotted up to him, "You okay omega?"

"Yes, just thinking."

"About?" Carol asked.

"Well you know, a lot of things. My pups, this little one growing, our pack."

"What are you doing by the fence?"

He stood up and handed her a flower. "Found this." He smiled, she grinned at him as she thumbed the petal between her fingers. "I'm trying to look at all the good things we have in this world despite the fact the world actually ended."

"That's a good idea, look at the positive." Carol smirked. "Pookie." He grinned at her as she hip bumped him. "Come eat, that little pup needs the nutrients. We have plenty, we aren't going to starve."

Daryl sighed in relief as he went and sat beside the fire, they were happily eating the canned goods and Daryl had an omega bar. Duane, Carl, Beth, and Jimmy were running about once they finished their meal. Daryl smirked watching them run around, he was thankful his pups felt safe enough to play together and run.