In the Brain

Daryl woke first, he couldn't move with Carl cuddled into him the way he was. Daryl couldn't help but smile, feeling his pup so close. It reminded him of an infant Carl, he was always curled up into his chest. Daryl loved those damn slings that allowed pups to be near their parents bodies, Carl seemed to enjoy them just as much. As Carl got older he still loved being held, if not by him by his father, Lori, or Shane.

Daryl felt Sam's large hand on his ankle, Rick's smaller hand on his back. He grunted slightly as he adjusted, Rick's hand sliding. Carl whined into the movement, Daryl froze, Sam jumped at the sound of his whine. "Sorry.." Daryl whispered, hearing Sam move, Sam smiled looking them over a bit.

"Morning sweetheart." Sam beamed.

He still couldn't believe he had a mate, a real mate, and a pup. No one would have thought Sam or Dean Winchester would ever settle down. Rick woke after a few more minutes of quiet snoring. "Morning sunshine," Daryl teased. Rick slapped his ass softly, Daryl jumped but Carl continued to sleep. Sam smirked, eyeing them both, his eyes were a hazel color. They changed with the lighting, in some instances they were more blue, others green. Daryl smiled, he liked that they changed, kept him guessing. Rick smiled looking over his mate and pup.

"When Carl gets up, join us 'Mega. You should meet the pack, don't want to keep you trapped in the car." Rick ordered. Daryl nodded, Sam patted Daryl before the two slipped out of the car. They closed the doors carefully.

Daryl was waiting patiently for his boy to wake, he was going to take his cuddles as long as he would give them to him. He didn't know how long his pup would feel safe sleeping, so he wanted to let him sleep as long as he would.

By the time Carl finally woke everyone else was already up and helping set up tents, Carl followed his mother close. "Morning puppy." Dean called to his new nephew, Carl smiled running to him.

Carl looked to his mother then to his uncle. "Can I help?"

Dean chuckled. "If you want pup. As long as your momma is okay with it."

"Just keep an eye on him please." Daryl asked, Dean nodded smiling, he made a motion like he was crossing his heart and handed Carl a tent.

"Why don't we set up the tent for you and your parents?" Dean suggested, Carl nodded excitedly, Daryl smiled and made his way to his mates. Sam smiled feeling Daryl slip between them. Everyone could smell the omegas sweet scent, even with two mate marks it was easy to spot.

Rick looked to his side, Daryl was resting his head on his shoulder while Sam held his hand tight, Ed was watching them from their tent. Shane and Castiel were with them talking about what their next moves should be. "We need to secure the camp." Sam suggested. "A lot of things roam these woods. If we just set up a few traps, the tents need to be secured too. Place the cars around them so they aren't just out in the open."

"You seem to know your stuff." Shane muttered.

"Ah..yeh." Sam smiled a bit. "Just been doing this a while."

"That's good, it will help us. If we are more secure we don't have to worry as much. Seem's your brother is doing what I was about to suggest, setting up your tent in the middle. So that way the prime, his mates, and pup are protected." Shane smiled, Daryl felt embarrassed, he didn't want extra protection. However he wanted Carl to have that protection.

Carol came up to them with a sad look on her face. "She is yours now, because of pack law."

Daryl froze. "I won't steal your daughter." Daryl grunted. "Pack law doesn't mean you aren't her mother anymore."

Sophia looked between her mother and Daryl. "I want you to keep her safe."

"I will keep her safe, but she can still call you mom. I don't require that, I..I know it's pack law me being the primes mate but..I won't take your puppy."