Chapter 16: My Loyalty

Burning Flame:

The time is now, prom is here, and I'm looking my best; suit and tie, sneakers (A/N: that's actually what I would wear in this situation, lol). As I'm driving to the school in my Ford F-150, I think over my plan. Suddenly, I don't think that the plan is going to work. I mean really, the song had already been sung, and it may have no effect on her heart strings. Oh, cruel world, why did you take away my loyalty from me! Well, I might as well still go on with the plan. Oh, I haven't even started the plan yet, how stupid am I? Ok, so my plan was to win Dash over with the song I sung her to express my first feelings to her, "My Loyalty". Ever since then, the song name has been my pet name for her. Well, it was while we were together, at least. When I arrive, I grab by drumsticks and get out of my car. As I'm entering the school, I hear sobbing, like hard, uncontrollable sobbing. I look to where the sound is coming from, and I see a rainbow head buried in cyan hands. What happened? I think. I walk over to her and sit. She looks up at me with this look as though she just died inside, then she put her head back in her hands. "Rainbow, what happened?" I ask with lots of concern in my voice. "Soarin'....didn't show up." She replied.

"Whatda ya mean? It's still early."

"He was supposed to pick me up, and when he didn't I decided to come alone, thinking I could handle it, but I couldnt." Then she keeps sobbing.

"Rainbow, did you even want him to pick you up? Did you want to date him?"

"No"

"Then why did you leave me for him?" I ask. This question had been burning in my head forever, and now that I get to ask it, the answer is closer than ever. Rainbow looks at me with her eyes of beauty, these eyes bloodshot from crying. She looks down, sighs , then says "I left you because....I thought you were too good for me, that I wasn't worth it. Then Twilight told me I should've just told you how I felt, and I was going to come back to you...but then Soarin' wouldn't let me leave again. He said that now that he had me back, he wasn't going to lose me again. Although the statement was sweet, I knew I couldn't stay with him because he's so rude and abusive-"

I cut her off almost yelling, "HE WAS ABUSIVE TO YOU?!?"

"Yes"

"Oh, that jerk is going down next time I see him. Abusing your girlfriend?!? Unacceptable."

Rainbow giggles, then smiles a little. I grin at the sight of her happiness, knowing that even if we aren't together, her happiness is my first priority, always. She picks up her head, then turns towards me. She looks straight into my eyes, and look straight back. Her face has a sad sort of expression, and mine has a simple happy expression. As I look into My Loyalty's eyes, I can feel a change in mood. For some reason the atmosphere has gone from sadness to a little bit of a romantic mood. As she still looks into my eyes, she says "I miss..us"

"So do I. I've missed you ever since you left me."

"It wouldn't be cheating if I dated you, would it?"

"No, he was treating you badly and he didn't pick you up tonight. I mean it's prom for goodness sake!"

"Good, then I won't feel guilty about this"

Rainbow leans in and so do I. You know that date I was planning? I never got to go through with it since Rainbow left me, and I never got to have that special first kiss with Rainbow. Well, seeing as the mood is right, now is the perfect time. In my head I can hear the song "Kiss The Girl" playing. I laugh at this in my head, then fill the gap between Dash and I. Her lips are perfect and mine probably aren't, but who cares. After what seemed like an eternity, we broke. I look at Dash afterwards and say "Rainbow Daring Dash, would you goto prom with me?" She blushes and giggles at the same time (which is absolutely adorable) and then says "I would be honored." Then I walk into prom, linked arms with My Loyalty.