2

A/N: I decided to hurry up the 6- year old Melody and start writing like she is 17 1/2. So in a couple of chapters, that will happen. And this chapter she will be narrating (basically a flashback on her childhood)

My childhood went from practically perfect to bad as the years went by. I realized how serious cancer was, and my sister and I kept growing apart.

My sister ( who name is Sophie, sorry I didn't mention earlier), was close to my mom, who just kept getting sicker and sicker.

Seven years. I grew apart from my entire family. I became a loner and I became depressed. I was a mess, And on top of it... I had to pretend to be perfect to everyone and be a 'role model' for my sister, and that put pressure on me.

I went through 1st grade to 5th grade , my mom not participating in much. I was grateful that she was able to attend my elementary promotion. But her health had been so bad, my grandparents moved in during 2nd grade. My grandma was basically my second mother.

I started Middle School, in 2012 and my sister was in 3rd grade. I finished 6th grade in 2013 and finished 7th grade in 2014. The summer of 2014 was the big one....

Summer 2014.

You know how I said that six words that changed my life? Well I lied, it was that AND that summer. That was the summer of torture.

I took "summer school" it wasn't really summer school, it was advanced school for the next grade. I took two classes, 8th grade ELA and Geometry. ELA was four days a week for two hours each day. And Geometry was every Tuesday and Thursday for two hours each. And this was MY CHOICE, but I didn't want to.

So why did I do it, you might wonder.

My mom. By this time was sick, so sick. Sick enough that had to get a hospital bed for home, because she couldn't during up by herself and leave the house to go to the doctors.

She had heard of this program from of neighbors. ( This I blame them to) And wanted me to do. It was practically her song wish of me plus the director( you had to do an interview) said I would be perfect.

So why wouldn't I do this?

It seemed perfect and would help me help me get straight A's in 8th grade.

Sadly that was not true.

In the middle of the summer was the worst, my mom fell in a coma and I was able to go see my cousins on July 4.

The next morning, at 2 a.m. I woke up because of a commotion. My mom....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*cries*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Stopped breathing. She died.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

But to stop me and my sister from becoming depressed, we went to Disneyland. Also I good the cutest puppy called Summer!!! ( sometimes I wonder if I am bi-polar. I can go to sad to happy Ina second)

_________________________________________________
A/N: As this gets close to 50 views, I might to a Q&A with my character Melody, so start asking questions in the comments in any of the chapters. When there will be enough questions( if anyone even comments...) then I will do the Q&A. So please comment so I can do this.

Ok Bye!!!