CHAPTER 1: West Side, Best Side

remember: no manga spoilers please and thank you uwu~

---

Keep your cool, (Name), just keep your cool... You're not complete dogshit at most anything, so you won't be last no matter what the actual test is-

"You look nervous!" You perked up at the loud (yet masculine, you mentally noted) voice that called out to you so suddenly. You looked over at your new companion who had taken the seat next to you (you were grateful for such an action, honestly, as the lecture room you were all in was overwhelmingly intimidating and the presence of another person helped to get your mind off of that fact). He was a very tall and bulky lad with buzzed brown hair and black eyes that glimmered with passion. Your expression turned into an apologetic grimace.

"Yeah, kind of. I've been preparing myself for this exam for months, but still..." You shook your head to cast away any remaining thoughts of doubt before your lips pulled themselves upwards to form a grin. You stuck your hand out to the boy.

"I'm (Name) Kurusu, but you can call me (Name)!" You chirped. He took your hand and gave it a hearty shake. Woah, he's got a steady grip!

"And I'm Inasa Yoarashi!" He declared proudly. You nodded before the sounds of three discrete buzzes alerted you both to the front of the room.

"Hello, potential students! Before we officially begin, we wanted to explain how this will all work." A man began. He was pretty plain-looking, if you were being honest. Then, when he finally revealed what the actual exam would entail, the whole room nearly shot up in surprise.

"A fitness test?!" The man nodded, pushing up his glasses.

"Here at Shiketsu High School, we do not have a standard way of testing all potential students' abilities right off the bat. Instead, we decide which entrance exams students will participate in depending on their scores for these fitness tests. After all, a powerful telepath wouldn't score near as well as a heavy hitter in a robot battle, despite the immense strength of the former. Of course, it is in your best interest to do your utmost on these tests, so... without further ado..." He stepped aside to reveal a room containing various pieces of equipment geared towards equally varying kinds of exercises. The man continued.

"When you registered at the door, you were given a slip of paper with a letter and a number on it. Those symbols indicate which room you will be completing the fitness tests in. I wish you luck!" You looked down and then over to Inasa. Your eyes lit up.

"Hey, we're in the same group! Oh, man, I can't wait to see how cool you are! You seem like you have a lot of intensity, haha!" You said with excitement. He responded with a hearty laugh. He appreciated how bubbly and talkative you were (once your initial anxieties somewhat subsided, of course). Such qualities provided him with a much-needed distraction from the rather... disappointing happenings at Yuuei.

"Well, of course! In order to be a hero, I believe that one should be hot-blooded!" Inasa exclaimed, clenching his fists with his unadulterated eagerness. You grinned again. This guy seems fun.

---

"Alright, everyone. My name is Benchpress and I will be conducting your fitness test today." A woman said. Man, she's tall!! Not only was her height impressive, but she was super muscular! How cool!!

GODA NAOKI: BENCHPRESS

QUIRK: ENHANCED LIFTING

Benchpress possesses a physical lifting capacity beyond that of a normal human being. She uses this to lift rubble and debris when doing her typical rescue duties.