CHAPTER 7: I Am Speed

SEVENTH PERIOD: HEROICS

Now, in the last period of the day, it was finally time for what everyone was waiting for...

Your big costume reveal!! Yay!!

"*Gasp* (Name), is that your costume?!" You perked up at the sound of elation coming from Ashido. You spun around to face her after pushing back your mask so it could droop behind your neck. You grinned brightly at her.

"Yup! I just got it, like, right before we left for our internships, so I'm still getting used to it!" You bashfully admitted whilst rubbing the back of your neck, not expecting so much attention. Oh, dear, you had no idea-

"Oh my god, you look great!" Ashido squealed, jumping up and down from her excitement. I knew (Name) would look cute, but this is just too much!!

"Get it, girl!" Hagakure chimed in, and you felt your face flame up. Quickly, onto the next topic so your flustered reaction wouldn't (hopefully) be the main focus! (Well, that was your hope, at least.)

"Man, your guys' costumes are so cool!! The vibes in your outfit fit you and your Quirk super well, Mina, you did a great job!" Oh to be praised by one (1) (Name) Kurusu.

However, there were some things you decided to keep to yourself. But... don't her pantlegs prevent her from secreting acid from her legs? I assumed that because of her Quirk, her body temperature would usually be higher so she would actually prefer shorts, but maybe that's not the case. In other words, maybe something to help her in case she overuses her Quirk would be beneficial! After your mental evaluation of Mina's costume, you quickly moved on to your praise's next target.

"Tsu, oh my goodness, gah! I love it all, of course, but your goggles are everything!" I wonder if she has any added insulation to her costume that can be activated or heated to prevent her from going into hibernation... hmmm...

"Ochaco, your costume fits you perfectly! I'm getting space vibes from it, especially because your belt reminds me of the one ring around Saturn! And your helmet, ugh (affectionate)! I'm obsessed!" I just don't get what she's doing wearing heels. Like, I respect the community, but it ain't me. You didn't own any heels, but your thoughts weren't meant to throw shade at the girl; no, you were just being legitimately practical.

"Tooru, your costume is..." Mid-sentence, you blinked and looked her up and down.

"Wait, you're not... you're not wearing anything, are you?" Couldn't she use her own hair for her costume? Like, cover strands in paint or something so the makers could see it, and then wash it all away when it's done? That might not even work, but it's gotta be more comfortable and practical than wearing nothing at all, right?

"Haha, nope! Not a thing, besides the boots and gloves!" She cheerfully replied, and your cheeks quickly warmed up.

"That you always take off." Jirou added helpfully. Hagakure huffed before the aforementioned gloves playfully smacked Jirou's arm.

"O-Oh, I see. Well, then..." You quickly moved onto Yaoyorozu in hopes of providing more positive feedback, but-

"Eep!" You covered your eyes, feeling like you spied on your beloved friend in a rather compromising position. Yaoyorozu, on the other hand, was more than used to this reaction.

"My Quirk relies on exposed skin, as you know, so this seemed like the most logical design for me to choose." She defended her choice, but you put a hand to your chin in thought.

"Yes, maybe so, but an open-back sports bra with athletic shorts would accomplish that feat and more, as well as giving you additional protection and support for your..." You trailed off in your mumbling as you forcefully looked at the utility belt around her waist instead of her exposed cleavage. You walked over to her and poked at the fashion accessory around her waist.