CHAPTER 2: It's a F*cking Tournament Arc! (Part 1)

remember, no manga spoilers, y'all~

---

Bright and early, but I'm still here at school. I see that old habits really do die hard. You had walked to school early that day because you still had some papers to fill out, so there was no early quality Shinsou time that day, unfortunately. You both did, however, have plans to meet up after school to bake together, for which you couldn't wait!

"Kurusu, you're here early! As expected of a transfer student of your caliber!! How are you settling in?!" Iida shouted before walking over to you, as excitable as ever. You chuckled at his bright and refreshing demeanor.

"Oh! Just call me (Name), Iida, honestly. And I'm doing just fine, especially after a good night's rest, haha! How are you doing? You seem stressed, do you want my swan?" You chirped, a concerned look on your face as you rambled adorably. He tilted his head.

"Your swan? Is that a form of problem-focused or emotion-focused coping I've yet to hear of? You must tell me more!!" You nervously chuckled before pulling out the alluded to item.

"Well, not exactly... This-" You held it up to his eyes, your own glittering with pride.

"-is the stress swan! It's like a stress ball, but its appearance is much more calming than a soccer ball, in my own opinion, hehe. Here, give it a try!" You placed the swan in his hand and then forcefully, yet gently, enclosed his fingers around it. You looked up at him expectantly.

"You don't have to try it out now, but keep it for a bit and let me know if it helps! Sometimes, the life of a hero in training can get stressful, so we should try our hardest to keep balance in our lives!" You explained in your own chipper way. He bowed to you.

"Thank you, Kurusu! Your kindness knows no bounds!" He shouted his gratitude.

"Huh?! Oh, there's no need for that!" You bashfully waved off his formal reaction. You were getting flashbacks to how stern Seiji was whenever you interacted with him, despite the two of them being so different.

"Plus, we're friends! No need to be so formal~ And call me (Name)!" You continued with a lighthearted chuckle.

"Hey, Iida! How are - oh! Kurusu, right?" Upon hearing your name called out, you turned around. There stood a girl. She had a blush on her cheeks (it seemed to be permanent), large and round brown eyes, and similarly colored bobbed hair. She was adorable!!

"Please, call me (Name)! And what's your name, dear?" You asked with a closed-eyed grin on your face.

"I'm Ochaco Uraraka!" She blurted, feeling flustered by your use of such an endearing term. She could feel her whole face going red. 'Dear?!'

"Nice to officially meetcha, Uraraka!" You piped up, leaning forward so you were invading her personal space just a tad. Respectfully, of course. Well... as respectfully as you could when you were accidentally getting ahead of yourself, that was.

"S-Same here! And you can call me by my first name, too!" Uraraka squeaked out. She's so close!!

---

FIFTH PERIOD: SCIENCE

"Who can tell me the five main characteristics of sound waves?" Ectoplasm wrote the numbers one through five on the chalkboard before turning to you all. You already had your hand up; along with Yaoyorozu, of course. Wanting to encourage your current participation as well as ensure future engagement in the class, he called on you.

"Wavelength, amplitude, frequency, time period, and velocity." You replied without hesitation. Ectoplasm nodded to you before writing each item on the board.