eighteen

Jungkook sat on his dorm bed, staring silently at Taehyung who dipped cotton ball into the alcohol mixture. His doe eyes traveled the male who had been quite ever since he carried him to their dorms.

He bowed his head, ashamed as he started at his bloody knuckles. He acted like such a monster..

"Let me see Jungkook." The boy looked up quickly, eyes wide and panicked. "Y-you called me Jungkook.. Why did you call me Jungkook? Wh-what about doll? Kookie? C-clumsy.." Taehyung smiled sheepishly and shifted making his heart drop.

He looked so..

"Sorry.. Can I see?" Jungkook's eyes lost a couple sparkles, he let out his hand and bowed his head when he saw Taehyung reaching for them..

"You're scared.. Of me. " he mumbled, struggling to swallow the knot in his throat when he saw Taehyung's hands shaking. The boy on his knees froze, taking shakey breathe.

"I'm sorry hyung.. Please don't be scared of me.." Jungkook sniffled looking down at the boy who only stared at his hands.

"I'm sorry! Please hyungie! You're my best friend, my only friend I've ever had please don't hate me." Tears poured out his eyes, heart breaking sobs filling the room as he cried, rocking back and fourth.

"I won't do it again, I won't t-touch you, I won't talk to you just p-please don't hate me please.." He cried, heart beating rapidly against his chest when Taehyung finally looked up to him. He feared the mix of emotions on his face, he feared what he would say next.

"Please–" His cries silenced when Taehyung gently cupped his face. "I'm not scared of you baby, and I'm sorry for not using my pretty doll's nicknames, I-I just thought that you were pretending. Thought that no one could be this sweet and God I'm sorry for doubting you." His eyes now brimmed with tears making Jungkook cry even more.

"I'm sorry hyung all I saw was red, he h-hurt you and I thought he'd do it more if I didn't do something like he did to me.. I don't want you hurt because of me hyungie." He cried hysterically only for Taehyung to giggle and plant kisses on his forehead, cheeks, nose and lips rapidly.

"You're too good for me Jungkookie, you should've rocked his jaw a long time ago, from the first time he hit my pretty clumsy." Jungkook smiled through tears and Taehyung cooed at the sight.

His big doe eyes sparkled with tears running down his precious cheeks. Nose red from crying and his bottom lip wobbled. "How cute." He mumbled and brought him into a hug. Jungkook clutched onto his smaller body, careful not to crush him and sniffled into his neck.

"I promise to not leave you clumsy, ok?" Taehyung whispered and closed his eyes in his shoulder.

"Thank you hyung... Thank you s-so much K-kookie won't be bad anymore." Taehyung brushed his hair through his fingers and hushed him softly. "Kookie was never bad, he's always good for hyungie." Jungkook hummed softy to himself, clinging onto Taehyung's body that comforted him.

Taehyung felt him grow heavier and smiled a little. "Sleepy, my clumsy?" Jungkook nodded and yawned softly snuggling more into Taehyung's neck.  "Come let's get you to nap." Jungkook hummed, eyes hooded as he lay back pulling his legs up on the bed.

Taehyung grinned down at him and put a bandage over the cut. "H-hyung.." Jungkook whispered voice dropping an octave from tiredness. "Can you sleep with me here?" He questioned slurring over his words. Taehyung hummed and pulled the covers climbing into the bed.

Jungkook suddenly turned and pulled him on top of him emitting a gasp. Jungkook wrapped his arms around Taehyung caging him and snuggled into his neck.

Taehyung sighed contently, muscles relaxing as he allowed his eyes to fall shut to..

Long eyelashes fluttered back open after an hour. Taehyung shifted, now on the younger male's side looking at his peaceful sleeping face. He reached up and carresed his cheek, planting a kiss on his forehead before shuffling out of his hold.

When Jungkook whined, he put a pillow to replace himself watching as he slowly calmed down a little more relaxed.

Taehyung padded towards the door, opening it and closing it gently. He wasn't surprised when he saw their friend group sitting on the chairs silently waiting for him.

Jimin was the first to notice him, getting up to hug him tightly. "Are you ok? D-do you know what happened?" Taehyung nibbled on his lip taking a deep sigh.

"Let him sit Minnie, come sit." Hoseok patted his free thigh where as Yoongi took the other. They both sit, Jimin on Hoseok and Taehyung on the singular chair. "What exactly happened Taehyung?" Jin spoke up cancelling out everyone's question– he was the oldest after all.

Taehyung fumbled with his fingers, gulping softly remembering the dark look in Jungkook's eyes. Not the sparkling, innocent shy look.

"Jake.. Tried to hit him but I pushed him out of the way resulting in me getting hit. The lunch box scraped my face and blood leaked.." He explained trying not to leave out any detail.

"I-I think it's because I bled? He just.. Snapped. Hyung it was like another completely different person. He could've and would've killed Jake.." A shiver ran down his spine.

"Are you.. Scared of him?" Taehyung looked at Jin and thought deeply before shaking his head... No.

"No.. Never would I be afraid of Kookie. He'd never hurt me and I'm positive about it. The only thing that I regret is doubting him in the first place. He had the reaction because of that asshole hurting me." They smiled at Taehyung. "Good, I thought you would've never realised." Hoseok smiled widely making Taehyung smile.

"Never.. I just.. Wished he cracked his nose from the first time he hitted Kookie." They chuckled, completely unaware of the same boy smiling softly to himself in the room.

He smiled so hard his cheeks hurt. His heart beat wildly and his cheeks heated up.

'Hyung doesn't hate me!'

🍒

I'm backkkkk 👩🏾‍🦲💅🏽

-Yoonji 💙