Chapter 19

I throw another chair at the wall. It smashes against the hard surface and the arms and legs fall off as soon as it makes impact. I let out a frustrated growl and run a hand through my hair. I know I should try to manage my anger, but I have to take it out on something.

I look around my destroyed office. Sheets and blankets are ripped apart, as well as the cushions. Anything made of glass is now just shards littered by my feet. Furniture is destroyed, every one of their limbs scattered across the floor.

I knew it as soon as she looked into my eyes. The same eyes that've been haunting my dreams ever since I turned nineteen. The beautiful silver eyes, with a rim of blue around the pupil.

I knew it as soon as she spoke her first words. The same beautiful laugh and alluring voice that draws me in for more.

And I knew it as soon as I caught a whiff of her scent. The very same smell of lavender and sea salt, akin to no one's.

Great moons, she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She's absolutely perfect.

But she hates me.

She doesn't want me, no matter how much I want her. And I know exactly why.

My wolf and I start to see red again. I pick up a chair leg off the ground and snap it in half like a toothpick before throwing it across the room. I curse and walk over to an untouched pillow and rip it apart, stuffing going everywhere.

I'm about to tear my desk apart when I hear a soft singing. It's her. I drop the edge of the mattress and walk over to my door. I fling my doors open and I hear her voice grow louder.

It's pure, unfiltered sadness. My wolf urges me to go to her, to make her feel better. And as much as I know I should give her space, her voice seems to call to me.

As I walk down the halls, I strangely don't see anyone around. I walk faster, my wolf growing anxious. Soon I'm running down the halls and racing down the stairs, almost skipping them altogether.

As I approach the prison, I start to see wolves. They're all moving towards the prison. They're acting strange, their gaze never leaving what's in front of them, almost like they're in a trance. Every single one of them is crying.

The concern for my mate grows as I push my way through the crowd of wolves.

As soon as I enter the open prison door, I can hear my mate clearly. Her voice sounds even sadder up close. I look around me and see all the wolves around her sobbing.

I push through people and take a good look at her. Tears are falling down her face harder than anyone else.

My wolf wants to break her out of those chains and hold her, but I want to listen to her song.

There's nothing that I wouldn't give

Just to see your smile live

And I would commit any crime

Just to see it one more time

But you loved me

And you died for me

I can't take it

Oh I can't take this

So give me peace please

And make me happy

I want something

Something to hold onto

To think of you