Ch.8: Unexpected Phone call

10:00 pm 

I was still out. My phone started going off with text messages from the group chat. The girls were asking me where I was at and to come back to the hotel cause it was past curfew.

My phone goes off, I fish my phone out from my pocket and check it. I saw I had a new voicemail. The voicemail was from my dad.

I haven't talked to them in the past day or two I didn't mention it but me and my parents got into a huge argument.

I put my phone back into my pocket and continue walking around. I get back to the hotel and go to my room, I unlock the door and walk in. Hope was already in bed sleeping. I look at the alarm clock on the night stand.

12:30 am

I take off my shoes and collapse onto my bed. And fall asleep, I wake up 6 and a half hours later when I feel Hope shaking me awake.

I open my eyes and sit up, I run the sleep out of my eyes. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing we need to get up and start getting ready." Hope says.

I look over at the alarm clock on the night stand.

6:30 am

I put my put my suit on, I put my normal clothes on over my suit. I look up and see Hope looking at me.

"What? Just in case if I have to save you or any other of the girls." I say.

She sighs and nods. "Can I ask you something?" Hope asks.

I nod and continue for her to go on with her question.

"How did you become spider Girl?" She asks.

"Last year I was on a school field trip. We went on a science field trip, the subject we were studying was spiders. We were looking at spiders and taking notes etc. someone notice there was one missing and notified a staff member about it. I was catching up on notes when I felt something crawling on me I looked down and there was a spider on my hand. It bit my hand and died. Later on I start feeling weird, the spiders DNA was inside me and mixed with my own. Before I became spider girl I was nothing, I was always that kid getting bullied 24/7, I was always that quiet kid that sat in the corner. I was a nobody, these powers changed me and turned me into something better." I tell her.

She nods. "Sorry, shouldn't have told you any of that." I say.

I storm out of the room before she says anything else. I go downstairs and go to the conference room, Hope and the rest of the team walks in.

My phone starts ringing. I pull my phone out of my pocket and see that the hospital is calling. I walk out of the room and quickly go back up to mine and Hopes room.

I click accept and hold my phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Is this Gwen Stacy?" They ask.

"Yes this is her." I say.

"Are you alone?" She asks.

"Yeah I am. Why?" I say.

"You might wanna sit down for this sweetie. I have news for you about your parents." She says.

"What happened? Are they okay?" I ask.

"Honey there was a car crash. Your parents didn't make it....." she started crying. "I'm so sorry." She says. "They're back home. They were going to fly out to you and surprise you. They're in the local hospital in your home town."

She hangs up. I just stand there in shock, tears rolling down my cheeks. I put my phone in my pocket and start gathering my things. I start packing my bags, I set my key card on the counter and leave the room.