Ch.26: Tobin Heath

5 minutes go by and the bus pulls up. I stand up anxious and nervous to see Tobin. What if she hates me? What if she betrayed my trust and brought my parents with her? What if she's here to drag me back home?

My thoughts are interrupted as I see Tobin walk off the bus. See looks around, we look right at each other and smile. She quickly walks over to me and wraps me in the tightest hug.

"Oh thank you. I missed you so much Gwen." Tobin says as she's still hugging me.

"I missed you too Toby." I say hugging back.

"The fire. It was all over the news, are you okay?" Tobin says. I just smile and nod. "Yeah I'm fine."

I help her grab her backs and we walk back to the orphanage. We walk inside and Tobin is lost in thought as she looks around.

"What are we doing here?" Tobin asks.

"Welcome to my home." I say.

"Your home is with Ash and Ali though." Tobin says confused.

"I mean my first home. I'm a orphan. My parents before weren't my real parents, I never knew my parents. I was dropped off here at the front door when I was a new born. I was here for 11 years and then my first parents took me in, gave me their last name and raised me up until now." I say.

Tobin looks at me shocked. "So what's your actually last name?"

I shrug. "Didn't have one. Never knew my parents, nor did I know anything about them so I never had a last name. I was just Gwen, Stacy was my adoption parents last name."

Tobin nods still in shock based on the truth you just told her. "Does anyone else know?" Tobin asks.

I shake my head no. "No but I was gonna tell the rest of the girls when I got back." I tell her.

I go upstairs and Tobin follows me. I open my door and set her bags down. Tobin out the rest of her things down and sits on the bed.

"Have you been getting any of our texts or phone calls?" Tobin asks.

"Yeah." I say.

Tobin clenches her jaw. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. "Why are you really here? Did they send you to come take me back home?"

"No I came here cause I missed my best friend. They don't even know that I'm here, all I said was I'm going to New York for a week to just get out and use a little vacation." Tobin says.

I smile. Me and Tobin do our handshake and hug. "Come on, let's go down stairs. I'll introduce you to everyone." I say.

She nods, me and her go downstairs. Liz is in the kitchen making everyone dinner. Liz sees Tobin and stops what she is doing.

"T-Tobin H-heath? What is she doing in my kitchen?" Liz asks in shock.

Tobin smiles and I laugh. "Liz this is the guest I told you about. Liz this is Tobin, Tobin this is Liz. Tobin plays on the same team with my Parents, she is also my best friend." I explain.

"It's so good to meet you in person Tobin." Liz says.

"You it's nice to meet you too Ma'am." Tobin says.

"Please call me Liz. I'm sure Gwen has told you everything already." Liz says. 

Tobin smiles and nods. I look over and see the kids. "Um this is Jackson, Lucas, Johnny, Amber, Victoria, Sarah, Rachel and Zack.

All the kids look at Tobin with wide eyes and in shock. "Hi guys." Tobin says smiling.

"Can you sign my stuff?" All of them ask. I smile and laugh as they ambush Tobin. She smiles and nods.

"Of course I'll sign your stuff." She says to all of them.

"But after dinner okay." Liz says.

"Okay." The kids all say.

We all sit down and eat dinner. Tobin makes small talk to the kids, I smile as I watch Tobin have a heart to heart with all the kids.

The kids ask her about soccer and what's it's like to explore the world and go to other countries and play different countries. Tobin smiles and tells them that it's the best part of the job and it's also her favorite part of the job.

"You know speaking of soccer. Jill called me, we have our next Camp in 2 weeks." Tobin says.

I nod. "I'll look for one of my hotels we can stay at."

Tobin smile and nods. "Good, cause you own the best ones we've been to." 

I smile, I grab my phone and make a phone call. I book a hotel for us, I shoot Jill a text saying I have a have one of my hotels booked for us.

I swipe up and turn off my phone.

*Mom's pov*

It's been 3 days since Gwen has left she hasn't answered any of our texts or phone calls.

I lay in mine and Ali's bed staring at the wall. Ali was laying to me, she holds me as she also stares at the wall.

I start crying. "It's all my fault." Ali cross and kisses my head, she doesn't say anything she just cry's and holds me.

Kelly, Mal, Hope, Carli and Christen have all been coming over to check up on us. 

They come into our room. Hope picks me up as Carli gets Ali.

"Come on let's go shower and eat. Kelly and Mal will take care of Sloane." Hope says.

They take me and Ali to the bathroom, they help us strip our clothes and then get us in the shower. 

We showers and then change into clean clothes. They make us sit in the living room and Kelly orders pizzas.

We watch soccer games that were on today. "Hey Jill called us, our next camp is in 2 weeks. Gwen  booked us one of her hotels." Carli says.

"Gwen gonna be there?" I ask with no emotion.

"Yes. She will be there." Carli says.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"Cause Gwen told Jill she'll be there." Hope says.

I just nod and stay silent. I focus on the the games, Ali hugs my side and snuggles her head into my side.

After an 1 the pizza is finally here. We eat in silence, not awkward silence but comfortable silence.

Sloane sits between me and Ali as we eat our food. My phone pings letting me know I got a text message.

I quickly grab my phone hopping it's Gwen and check it. But sigh when it's a text from Jill, basically informing us about Camp.

"Ash?" I look over at Christen.

"You'll see her soon." Christen says.

*Your pov*

It's been a week. After a long 10 days of cooling off and clearing my head Tobin finally convinced me to go back home.

I hug Liz and thank her for everything, I say goodbye to the kids. Before I leave, I hand Liz a thick envelope.

"This is for you and your troubles along with the kids. I'll see you around Liz. I love you, I'll come back again soon." I say.

Me and Tobin leave. We get bud tickets, the bud picks us up and now we are on our way home. I was nervous and very anxious.