twenty seven

Song for the last part of the chapter: Happiness is a Butterfly - Lana Del Ray

- - - - -

March 3rd, 1979

The sky was bright, white clouds hanging high in the sky. The sun spread across the grounds of Hogwarts, the weather was warm enough, and there was no wind.

In other words, it was the perfect day for a quidditch match.

I walked to the pitch with Emmeline, Jack, and Thomas, all four of us carrying our brooms.

Marlene was coming to watch the game, and she was bringing Sirius, which means that there's a high chance that James will be here as well.

When we reached the locker room, I spotted him out of the corner of my eye.

Regulus was leaned up against the side of the storage building, unnoticed by my friends.

"I'll be there in a second," I called out.

Thomas raised an eyebrow, "Okay, McKinnon."

Emmeline gave me a thumbs up, and Jack rolled his eyes at me.

Once they were in the locker room, I went over to the storage building where Regulus was waiting for me.

"Hey, Reg," I said, smiling at him.

He smiled back. "I came to wish you luck."

"Thank you," I responded. "But we won't need luck, we're going to win this."

"I know that you will, Meredith," Regulus said, smirking at me.

I nudged his foot with mine. "So, do I get a good luck kiss?" I teased, staring into his beautiful, silvery-blue eyes.

"I thought you said you didn't need luck," Regulus joked.

"Well, I-"

He cut me off by brushing his lips against mine. When our lips met he kissed me softly. Just as soon as his lips met mine, they were gone.

"There," He whispered. "Feeling lucky enough?"

I smirked, "Yeah, I guess I am?"

"You guess?"

I quickly kissed him again.

"I have to go," I murmured, "I'll see you later?"

Regulus smiled, "I'll see you later, Meredith."

I smiled at him before turning around and heading towards the locker room.

These past few weeks with him have felt so nice. We're not arguing, and he makes me pretty happy. It's kind of pathetic almost, how excited I get when I get to see him.

When I walked inside, Emmeline, Thomas, and Jack were joking around about something, all three of them laughing.

I set my broom against the wall, and got ready for the match.

Within the next half hour, the rest of our team showed up, we had a team huddle, and Jack gave his motivational speech which consisted of a lot of swearing and cockiness.

When we stepped out of the locker room, there were crowds of student's and spectators waiting for their friends or making their way towards the stands.

I had barely caught sight of Marlene when she came barreling into me, hugging me so tightly that I almost fell backwards.

"Marls!" I said, hugging her back.