epiphany/ one night stand.

Disclaimer: This is a long one.

•••

I knew he was cheating for three months before I left.

I know what you're thinking. Bitch are you stupid?

No, I'm revengeful.

     I've dated my fair share of men before and many times I've made the mistake of teaching them how to do what they did better. Every time, I'd observe something different about them and immediately confront them and guess what? It only fueled them to cheat better, cheat smarter.

    So I refused to be a tutor this time. No, I went on about my days as if I were oblivious to all of his bullshit. Avoided kissing and sex with a variety of excuses, which didn't bother him since he was getting it elsewhere. I made an entire plan to leave his life with no trace of me ever being in it- and it only took me 90 days to do it.

The first month, I focused on finances. We were living together for the past two years, so I was accustomed to the expenses being split between us. But it wouldn't break my bank to be on my own, I'd just have to budget better. So that's what I did. I informed the leasing office that I'd be leaving within three months and that I'd need my name removed from the lease. I paid the fees and started looking for a new place to stay.

It's amazing how much you can do under a nigga's nose when he's too busy being on top of another bitch.

The second month, I had found a place to stay and ordered my furniture to be delivered the next month. I worked from home, so I didn't have to worry about this nigga popping up at my job. I also focused on packing. We had separate closets and there was never a need for him to go into mine, so my closet held hella luggage and bags filled with my belongings. I didn't want any of the furniture or decor- nothing that would remind me of him.

During that time, I went through his MacBook only to find out that he had planned a baecation with one of his side hoes for the next month, a trip that he told me was for work.

That gave me just enough time to kick off my disappearance.

He left for the airport on Day 85. Once I knew he had boarded his flight, I picked up a UHaul and started putting everything in it. I even got my brothers to help out. I only took what solely belonged to me. That included my wardrobe, all of the cooking utensils, and valuables that I possessed. Everything else stayed untouched.

On Day 87, I changed my phone number and got an upgrade. I immediately blocked him on my phone and all social media accounts. I even traded in my car for a new one, knowing that he could spot my previous car with ease. I did my final walkthrough of the apartment before deleting the footage of all of the days that I prepped to leave from the cameras we kept in our place.

On Day 88, I drove my 2020 Audi A3 to my semi-furnished apartment and retrieved the jewelry he bought me. Between three pawn shops, I got around $3500 for everything. By now, I was pretty much through enacting my plans. The last thing I did was text all of my family members and friends to inform them that he was no longer a part of my life, and that they shouldn't disclose any information to him regarding me whatsoever. I knew they would respect my wishes. They didn't like him anyway.

Day 89 came and I had changed my relationship status on Facebook, so it was official. I still had access to the cameras in our apartment via my iPad, so I knew I'd get a kick out of seeing him come home to no trace of me.

You see, he was extremely dependent on me. We were both breadwinners, but he never touched a bill. He would simply deposit half of our expenses into my account every month and I'd get the bills paid. Even our individual ones. I cooked, I cleaned, I did everything for him- yet that wasn't enough.