drunk dialing.

omniscient

Imani sighed watching the clock hit 12:30 while she studied for her bioengineering test. It was a Friday night and there she was missing out on all of the weekend fun.

"My got damn head hurts." She spoke to herself aloud, pausing the RnB slow jams she had playing on her tv. Putting all of her study materials on her nightstand, she stopped as she heard her phone ringing.

To her surprise, the FaceTime caller ID revealed the name of her first love,

Ahmaud.

Without hesitation, she answered.

"Ahmaud? Are you okay? It's like 3:30 in the morning over there. Why are you calling?!" She asked frantically.

His friend Tony appeared in the camera and immediately sighed as he tried to handle a drunk Ahmaud in the background.

"Hey sis look Ahmaud is drunk as fuck and he keeps asking to speak to you. I-I didn't know what to do. He won't listen man this nigga gone." Tony explained.

"Give him the phone, it's okay." she replied. Tony handed Ahmaud the phone and she heard shuffling until the music from their background got quieter.

"Maniiiiii baby! Ma ma listen to me. Baby I miss you so much. Look aight? Aight look Imani! I don't care about shit baby. I want you back. Baby I want my wife back. Imani I need you baby. I ain't right with- without you okay?" He pleaded. She could hear Tony fussing at him in the background.

"Nigga! I don't give a fuck! I'm talking to my baby mane." Ahmaud yelled to his friend. He looked back at the phone.

"Stink you still there mama?"

"I'm here papa. Ahmaud baby we should talk about this when you're sober. I don't think right now is a good time. It's 3:30 in the morning where you are. You should be going to bed!"

"I know what I'm sayin tho! Like ion care about the distance no more. I'LL BUY A DAMN JET ION CARE. Imani please. I love you. Youon love me back? Say you don't love me back and I'll leave you alone for good." He ranted.

"Ahmaud you know I love you. That's not changing. I just think we should discuss this when you're not drinking."

"..it ain't no 3:30 either."

"What?"

"I said it ain't no 3:30. I'm in LA for Antoine's birthday. I ain't leaving til I see you Imani. Can I see you?"

"You're in LA? Right now?"

"Right now. I need to see my baby Imani. I'm going crazy without you. We shouldn't have broken up. I-I love you. We can figure out whatever forreal, just let me come see you."

"..Maudy how are you gonna get over here? You're drunk. My car's in the shop, you're not driving and I don't trust no Uber coming to get you."

"The boys will drop me off."

"I'll send you my address. Just text me when you're on the way."

"Okay..I love you."

"I love you too." she replied before hanging up.

She sat in a daze for a second thinking of how seeing her ex for the first time since their breakup would be. Clearly neither of them were over each other and Imani wasn't sure if she wanted to be.

She thought about how it took her a long time to even give Ahmaud a chance. She was used to dating the athletes so when Ahmaud came around, she didn't have any plans on entertaining him because he was the complete opposite of what she liked.