glad to see you.

(Sequel to The Homie)

Cypress Fantom

"Cy all these bitches foaming out the mouth over yo ass and you sitting there mean mugging. Fix yo fuckin face dawg!" My best friend Everett spoke to me. I sucked my teeth.

I wasn't tryna be at nobody's club tonight, but he insisted on bringing me. He said I'm losing nigga points for being hurt over some pussy I never even got the chance to get. So him and our other best friend, Fredo pulled me out the crib and brought me to a nightclub called "Gulash." Now I ain't gon cap, the bitches in here bad as fuck, but I ain't checkin for nun right now. I'ma just sip my Ciroc and babysit this section.

YOU GOT A $20 BILL PUT YA HANDS UP
YOU GOT A $50 BILL PUT YA HANDS UP
YOU GOT A $100 BILL PUT YA HANDS UP

The DJ shouted over the "Love Like This Before" beat while all the shorties danced as they held their drinks. I pulled out my phone after feeling it vibrate. It was another private call, so I knew it was Kelsey. Like girl leave me the fuck alone.

"Yo Ev! I'm going to the bar." I acknowledged. He nodded, letting me know he heard me while he grinded against some girl.

I sighed in relief as I got towards the bar. It wasn't busy at all and it seemed to be the only semi-chill area in the club.

"Lemme get a courvoisier on the rocks." I requested.

I turned around to check my surroundings before being handed my drink. I threw the bartender two $20s and chilled while I sipped. There were some ladies to the left of me staring and whispering, but it wasn't nothing I wasn't used to.

"Nah I know that neck tattoo. Cypress? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned quickly and squinted.

"I know you fuckin lyin to me! Kendra?!"

I immediately got up from my seat and engulfed her into a big hug. Baby girl looked amazing. Like too damn good. She had her lil Barbie ponytail sleek as fuck, an olive green crop top with the matching mini skirt, gold heels & gold accessories. Not to mention the matching olive green small Telfar bag. I spun her around to get a good look at her before hugging her again.

"Man you look amazing! How long has it been?"

"Thank you boo! About 5-6 years now. I made a drastic change that's for sure."

"Yeah you have. You always been beautiful though, you know that. But now...you got that glow. I'm happy for you. What brought you here?"

"I'm just here with my girls. They forced me to come out. What about you? You wasn't really the club type last time I checked."

"I'm still not. The boys dragged me out. But damn I'm glad to see you. What you sippin on?"

"I'm glad to see you too and a lemon drop."

"Next one is on me ma."

"I don't think I'll need another. What you doing after this?"

"Ion have no plans. You tryna give me one?" I smirked.

"Mhm. You know I am."

"What you tryna do Ken?" I chuckled at her boldness. This was not the lil Kendra I used to know so well.

"Cypress it's after midnight. You know what I'm tryna do. And if you wanna do it too, I'll give you the address to my hotel." She looked up at me with a bold stare. Shit almost made me nervous. She pulled her phone out & went to create a new contact before handing it to me. I put my name and number in.