the homie.

Cypress Fantom

"The fuck this girl at?" I mumbled while facing my blunt. Shorty wasn't my girl, but we had a routine. She'd get off of work from her night shift, call me and tell me about her day.

"She been off for at least two hours now my nigga." I mumbled once more before opening up our text thread. I ain't wanna assume nothin', nor did I have the right to. But don't be switching shit up without notice.

To: Kelsey 🫶🏾

Hey just checkin on you. Lmk when you make it home safely.

I pressed send before ashing my blunt and got that shit on my white tee. I smacked my lips before cleaning up the mess I made. Figuring she probably wouldn't be texting me back, I just decided to take my ass to bed. It was damn near 3 am.

•••

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Hey Cypress. I'm sorry did I wake you?" Her sweet voice chimed from the other side of the line. I cleared my throat, instantly smiling.

"Yeah lowkey but you straight. It's good to hear from you baby girl." I spoke leaning back on my pillows.

"It's good to hear from you too. I'm sorry I didn't call on time. My ex from college is in town, so I'm about to go pick him up." Kelsey spoke.

Nigga it's like I heard a record scratch in my head.

"...oh. You uh..you still fuck with him or?"

"Noooo no. It's not like that anymore. We're just friends, he's the homie." She chuckled.

"Mm okay...I'm just tryna figure out what you could be linking with an ex at 3 am for Kels? You get where I'm coming from right?"

"Cypress I swear it's not like that. Listen if it cuts out, it's because my phone di-

Doot

Doot

Doot

Her fucking phone died? In that moment, I decided to be delusional to spare my happiness. He's the homie right? What could they possibly be doing at 3am as homies? Certainly nothing right?

I sighed as I rested my hands behind my head and just stared up at the ceiling, trying not to get pissed off. Like I was truly confused?! A nigga been taking her out on dates, communicating daily. I've never hidden my interest or liking for her, so it's like the fuck makes you think I'd look at that shit casually? I must be the homie too huh?

All of a sudden, I wasn't sleepy anymore..

//

omniscient

"Mm Tone uh uh we gotta stop." Kelsey spoke in between kisses as he leaned across the passenger seat, tightening his grip around her throat.

"Mhm." He mumbled, leaving a trail of kisses on her neck.

"Tell me you want me to stop forreal and I will." He said in between kisses before licking her ear, causing her to shiver.

"Mmm you know that's my sweet spot Tone. W-we shouldn't do this." She stuttered before pulling back completely, causing him to do the same.

"You must got a nigga now." He scoffed.

"I'm talking to someone yeah." She fiddled with her fingers, looking down.