Chapter 9

Harry rolled over in bed to find the other side empty. In all sleepiness he rubbed his eyes before he slowly lifted himself up on his elbows to look around in the room. Louis was nowhere to be seen. That's when he heard the flush in the bathroom and soon after Louis came out from there. Harry smiled and yawned as Louis approached the bed but to his surprise Louis was all dressed. 

"What time is it?", Harry asked as Louis sat on the edge of the bed next to Harry who pouted as soon as Louis looked at him. 

"9.45am.", Louis answered to which Harry let out a long sigh before he let himself fall face first in Louis' lap. Louis chuckled lightly and placed his hand in Harry's curls. "I know, I know.", Louis said to which Harry only let out a groan. 

"Why do you have to work?", Harry mumbled in Louis' lap before he lifted his head to look at Louis with his puppy eyes. "How can you leave me all alone like this?" Louis smiled and licked his lips before he cupped Harry's face in his palms. 

"You know I would gladly stay here with you all day, everyday.", Louis said before he pecked Harry on the lips. Harry pouted but pecked him back. "And I just have two meetings today."

"Short ones I hope.", Harry pouted. 

...

Harry brought out sugar, flour, cocoa powder, eggs - along with other ingredients he needed to make cupcakes. In a separate bowl he took out some butter to get softer before he had to use it to the frosting. 

He was dressed in his grey sweatpants, a black t-shirt and his apron that he had whenever he baked or cooked. He turned on some music through a bluetooth stereo he had placed on one of the counters. Then he began baking the muffin part. 

Harry danced around the kitchen while he was baking. And as he waited for them to cook in the oven he picked up his phone to see a new text message from Louis. Harry's face automatically lit up seeing Louis' name on the screen. 

Louis💙: How is going? I'll be home in about half an hour❤️

Hazza💚: It's going good, I'm making cupcakes!!!❤️

Louis💙: Aww, lovely. My cupcake making cupcakes🥰

Hazza💚: Hihi yes, and they'll be all ready to eat as you come home daddy🥺

Just by then the alarm Harry had set went off and he took the potholders before he opened the oven to take out the cupcakes. He placed the oven pan on the kitchen island to let them cool off. And meanwhile he waited for them to cool off he started to prepare and make the frosting. He once again baked along with loud music and sang along as well as he made small dance moves every now and then. 

Louis unlocked and walked through the front door. As soon as he enters the house the scent of freshly baked cupcakes and the sound of loud music hit him. He shook his head to himself smiling as he took off his outdoors clothes before he made his way to the kitchen where both the scent became clearer and the music even louder. Harry stood by the counter, all focused as he was decorating the cupcakes. Louis looked at Harry from the doorway, not saying anything, just admiring how cute Harry was as he turned his focus over to his phone as he started taking pictures of his work.