Chapter 35

Harry sat down on the armrest of the couch and looked at Louis who made sure he had blown out the candles at the table. They had been sitting there for hours just talking and talking, as if they hadn't seen each other for a long time. Although it was a long time ago since they had the chance to just sit like that. Both had been busy for the last couple of months. Louis who worked on his next album already and Harry who mainly took care of their daughter at home. Harry loved being at home with Darcy, even though she was still small, he felt like he got to know her each day. He loved his little family. But he had to admit that the best part of the day was the evening when all three of them would cuddle up in front of the tv or in bed. 

"You look really pretty.", Harry said suddenly causing Louis to let out a small snort as he peeked over at Harry who looked at him with his sparkling green eyes. 

"No one can beat you though, gorgeous.", Louis said with a smirk on his face as he approached Harry who smiled at him. "Would you fancy some dessert?", Louis asked as he placed his palms on each of Harry's cheek as he stood before him, between Harry's thighs. Harry smiled and kept his eyes on Louis the whole time. 

"You made dessert too?", Harry asked in a small giggle. It was no secret that the kitchen was one of the rooms Louis tried to avoid the most. 

"Made and made, we can pretend.", Louis chuckled before he kissed Harry on his forehead. 

Harry giggled and watched as Louis made his way out to the kitchen. Louis had really been putting in a lot of planning and effort for their anniversary. And Harry could tell that something wasn't as it usually was. Louis seemed tense and as if everything he had planned had to occur on a certain time. Or maybe it was just that he was used to it, having to watch the time since he had to leave for work and such stuff - but those habits would often go away in the evenings. But what if something had happened and Louis was just postponing it? Had Harry done something? Had something happened with the management? Someone in the band? Someone in his family? Harry shook his head, trying to shake out the thoughts that kept coming one by one in his head. 

"Lou? What's going on?", Harry asked as Louis came back into the living room with two smaller plates of chocolate cake. Louis looked up at him surprised before he let the plates down on the couch table. 

"What do you mean?", Louis asked, trying to act normal even though he realized Harry had noticed him being nervous over something. 

"You seem on edge, has something happened? Is everyone alright?", Harry asked concerned as Louis sighed and took a seat next to him. 

"You noticed.", Louis said calmly but it didn't make Harry any calmer to be fair. "I just wanted everything to be perfect.", Louis added with a nervous smile as Harry kept his eyes on him. Harry frowned slightly confused. 

"What?", Harry asked out of reflex. 

"Our anniversary. We haven't spent quality time like this for a while and I just wanted everything to be perfect."

"But you know that it would be, no matter what we do. All I care about is being with you.", Harry said softly with a fondly pout on his face as he caressed Louis' cheek. Louis smiled softly and nodded his head. "You can relax, it's me!", Harry giggled softly to which Louis let out a small chuckle as he nodded his head. 

"That's the thing - it's you.", Louis said as he looked up at Harry after looking down on his lap. Harry once again frowned his eyes brows slightly and tilted his head, but still with a smile. "This ridiculously beautiful human being who has blessed and changed my life for good. The birth giver to my child, our child. The person who randomly appeared in my life and slowly but surely became the most important person to me. I've had you stuck in my mind ever since the day that we met. You are honestly the most amazing, caring, loving, humble and stupidly beautiful person I've ever met. You always care for those around you, especially your friends and family. The way you act and behave around people that you love is so delicate and inspiring. Every single day when I come home, whether it's been hell of a day or a decent one, I always find you actively spending time with Darcy, and I think to myself - fuck, how did I land you? How on earth did I get the opportunity to meet the most amazing man on this earth? I never used to thank God, but I honestly do. Because if I didn't do this or didn't do that, then maybe I wouldn't have seen you ever again. Or even met you at all! But I'm so grateful to have you in my life. You literally changed my life for the better. I thought I was on a high in my life but had no idea how much higher I'd be from the moment I decided to let you in and keep you close to me. And it's like, I look at you and I am so deeply in love and so happy. And despite being so deeply in love, somehow I manage to fall deeper and deeper in love with you every single day." 

Louis let out a sigh of happiness combined with disbelief. Harry looked at Louis with fondness and tears in his eyes as he did not except a whole damn speech about what he meant to Louis. At least not out of the blue like that. Louis shook his head as bit his bottom lip to keep it from shaking before he looked Harry straight in his eyes.

"I look at you and I'm home. You're my everything, Harry. You make me feel so loved. You're literally the best at showing me how much you love me and how important I am to you which makes me feel important. It makes me feel warmth in my entire body. It's been you and me for two years, but I still get butterflies as if we just met. Whenever I think of you, whenever you look at me, whenever we touch, whenever we kiss, whenever we do fucking household chores together, even whenever someone just mentions you - I get butterflies. And not just in my stomach, in my whole body. It's like I could fly away. You're so inspirational in everything that you do, you teach me how to be a better version of myself all the time. You inspire me to be open and accept myself - after years of being told I need to be, act and look certain ways to be accepted. Whenever I have bad days, you motivate me to get out of bed without pressuring me to do this or that. You taught me that it's okay to be weak, it's okay to show emotions, it's okay to take one day at a time. Even hour by hour if that's necessary. Around you I can be myself. I can be grumpy, I can be silly, I can be small and cuddly, I can be strong, I can be weak, I can be whoever I want to be because of you. Watching all those rom-coms and hearing people's stories of them being in love, I always thought it was ridiculous. That it was made up, that I'd never get to feel that way because it was blown out of purposion. But then you came around and gave me all of that. You made me fall so deeply in love that I would be lost without you. I just, I love you so fucking much!", Louis continued but the more he was talking the harder it became as he felt a lump build up in his throat, and seeing how Harry teared up as well didn't make it any easier either. 

"I love you too! More than anyone and anything in this world. You're my home, too. You're... beyond words. I can not explain other than I feel the same way. I-", Harry sniffled with a giggle as Louis smiled at him. 

"I know you love me, you prove and show me that all the time.", Louis giggled as he caressed Harry's cheek as he noticed him being out of words literally. "I look at you all the time, and I look at you with Darcy and think to myself - damn, this is everything I've ever wanted and more. This is my home. This is my family. This is my future. You're my forever and always. You're the one.", Louis said softly while letting Harry take his hands in his own. Louis smiled as their hands laid in Harry's lap as he got up from his seat. Harry didn't get to say a word before Louis went down on his knee before him while still holding his hands. Louis pulled back one of his hands and reached it into his pocket where he brought out a small, red velvet box that he opened to show a silver ring with a diamond on it. "Harry Edward Styles, you're my home. I love you more than anything in the entire world and I would be honored to spend the rest of my life with you - will you marry me?", Louis asked nervously as he saw the color drain from Harry's face before he blushed up like a tomato. Harry felt how his jaw dropped to the floor as Louis went down on his knee and pulled out the ring. Even though he heard, and took in, every word coming out of Louis' mouth, he was still in disbelief - but in the most amazing way possible. 

"Wha- Oh my god, yes!", Harry giggled as he let a few tears stream down his cheek as he couldn't take his eyes off of Louis whose smile went from nervous to the brightest it had ever been. 

"Yeah?", Louis chuckled between his sniffles. 

"Yes! A million times, yes!", Harry squeaked causing Louis to laugh of fondness before Harry pulled him up enough to be able to hug him. 

Louis chuckled happily as he hugged Harry tightly. As they pulled back from the hug, Louis landed on his knee on the floor again where he took the ring out of the box and placed it on Harry's finger while slightly shaking. Harry giggled between sniffles as he watched Louis put the ring on his finger before Louis stood up properly. Harry grasped Louis by his shirt and pulled him closer, hugging him tighter than ever. Harry then slid his hands to Louis' cheeks and pulled back from the hug, but pulled Louis in for a kiss on the lips. Louis smiled as he wrapped his arms around Harry's neck as he kissed him back.