Chapter 30

Louis awoke in the middle of the night hearing a whimper. He rubbed his eyes and lifted himself on his elbows as he got ready to go up to the crib as he heard a soft humming in the darkness. 

"Shhh, we're okay.", Harry whispered as he held Darcy in his arms and gently rocked her from side to side. 

Louis yawned and looked over at Harry who stood with his side towards him and smiled. 

"What's wrong?", Louis asked suddenly causing Harry to make a small jump on the spot as he was caught by surprise. Harry gasped and looked over at Louis before he giggled. 

"Oh, did we wake you? She's upset. I think she might be hungry, I just got her.", Harry whispered even though they both had woken up by now. 

"No, it's okay. I can go down and fix some formula?", Louis said as he sat up in the edge of the bed and stretched his arms. 

"It's okay, you can sleep.", Harry pouted but Louis got up from the bed anyway. 

"It's fine, baby. You can sooth her in the meantime.", Louis said as he approached the two of them and kissed Harry's cheek. Harry pouted fondly. He loved taking care of Darcy even though it hadn't been long since she was born, but he also loved how Louis took on such a responsible role of a father. 

Harry gave in and walked over to their bed with her in his arms meanwhile Louis made his way downstairs to the kitchen. Harry sat on the bed with the covers over his legs and held her close to his chest. 

As Louis came down to the kitchen he turned on the lights above the counter where he brought out the formula, measurements and a bottle. After fixing it and pouring it into the bottle, he poured a little of it on his forearm to make sure the temperature wasn't too hot or too cold before he grabbed it and went upstairs. In the bed he found Harry leaning against the headboard with Darcy in his arms. He was sitting with his eyes closed and sang a little lullaby quietly. Louis smiled of fondness as he approached the bed and climbed up on it. 

"Aren't you the most precious person on this earth?", Louis asked Harry as he looked at Louis feeling the movements on the mattress. 

Harry smiled and blushed before he took the bottle and started feeding her. Louis smiled and cuddled up to Harry and yawned. He let his head on Harry's shoulder as the two of them watched her laying so peacefully in Harry's arms and seemingly getting more and more relaxed as her hunger eased. 

"Maybe it's time to put her in her crib and get some sleep while she is?", Louis whispered after a while with his head on Harry's shoulder and looked down at her sleeping in Harry's arms before he lifted his head to look at Harry who pouted.

"What if she wakes up? Maybe it's just better if I hold her.", Harry pouted and looked down at her to which Louis shook his head. 

"You can't be sitting up all night watching her in case she wakes up, babe. That's like a basic - whenever the baby sleeps, you sleep.", Louis said softly as he caressed Harry's cheek with the back of his hand. 

Harry sighed and nodded his head, he knew Louis was right. He couldn't be sitting up sleeping until she was old enough to sleep throughout the whole nights. Louis leaned over and placed a soft kiss on her head before Harry slowly got up from bed to carry her to her crib. Louis kept his eyes on Harry fondly and smiled for himself seeing how gentle and loving he was towards her, not that he would've expected something different. After slowly putting her down and tucking her in Harry walked on his toes over to the bed where Louis had just laid down properly. Harry smiled as he made it to the bed without her waking up. He climbed up and laid down on Louis' arm that he had stretched out for Harry to lay on. He crawled as close as possible to Louis who made sure he was properly covered before he wrapped his arms completely around him. 

"See? It went good.", Louis whispered proudly as Harry cuddled up to his side and looked at Louis with a smile on his face.

"Daddy knows best.", Harry giggled quietly before he yawned and wrapped his arms around Louis as well. "It's been so long since I was this close!", Harry whispered as he pressed himself against Louis' body which made Louis let out a small chuckle. 

Louis kissed his head and licked his lips smiling. Harry whose face was at Louis' chest, lifted his head to look up at Louis who was already looking down on him. Harry pursed his lips and Louis happily kissed him lazily. Harry kissed him back in the same way and felt butterflies in his tummy as if it was the first kiss. To be fair, so did Louis. After slightly pulling back Harry looked fondly at Louis as he yawned and fixed with the covers over them. 

"What?", Louis chuckled lightly as he caught the big green eyes looking at him despite the darkness in the room.

"You're beautiful.", Harry said with a bright smile to which Louis couldn't help but smile as well.

"So are you."

"Even though I'm exhausted?"

"You're always beautiful, Harry.", Louis said firmly yet softly and Harry giggled as he hid his face in Louis' chest. Louis smiled and held Harry close to him with one hand on Harry's back and one in his hair at the back of his head. "Now, let's get some sleep."

"What time is it?", Harry asked and peeked up at Louis before he lifted his head to kiss Louis underneath his chin. Louis chuckled and looked down at him. He reached over to the nightstand behind Harry's back where he had his phone to check the time. 

"It's 2:15am.", Louis answered while pulling his arms back to Harry's body. 

"Can you believe it? She's just 48 hours and 43 minutes old?!", Harry pouted with puppy eyes as he looked at Louis who clearly tried to do the maths inside of his head before he nodded. "And like 52 hours ago we didn't even know she was on her way to start hurting me.", Harry giggled with a pout. Louis looked fondly at Harry and shook his head.

"But it was worth it, wasn't it?", Louis chuckled lightly to which Harry playfully rolled his eyes.

"Easy for you to say. You know what? It was way worse than sex without lubricate!"

Louis bursted out laughing before Harry covered his mouth. Louis chuckled and looked at Harry who peeked over his shoulder to look at the crib. 

"I'm sorry!", Louis chuckled into Harry's palm before he licked it. Harry giggled and squinted his eyes. 

"Are you working tomorrow?", Harry asked out of nowhere. Louis shook his head smiling. 

"I only got a Skype meeting. So I'll be home all day."

"Then I forgive you for laughing at my pain.", Harry giggled and cuddled up to Louis, placing multiple small kisses on his neck. Louis chuckled and held Harry tightly. 

"Thank you. Now, let's sleep for real, yeah?"

"Oki doki! I love you so so so much, daddy.", Harry mumbled against Louis' skin as he pressed his face in the crook of Louis' neck. Louis giggled as it tickled and buried his face in Harry's soft hair.

"I love you so much, baby."