Chapter 20

"You're not working?", Harry asked and looked at Louis. 

"Nope! It's your birthday baby, I took the day off to spend it with my lovely one!", Louis said and smiled proudly as a smile creeped up on Harry's face. Though the smile quickly turned to a pout which caught Louis off guard again. "What's the matter?"

"You took your day off for me!", Harry almost squeaked as started crying the same second he ended the sentence. 

"Awww, yes, I did!", Louis chuckled and pulled Harry into his arms. Harry giggled as he sobbed in Louis' arms and pouted his lips. 

"I'm sorry, I get emotional at times."

"It's okay, baby, pregnancy hormones.", Louis chuckled to which Harry nodded his head before he lifted it to wipe off his cheeks Louis smiled fondly and kissed his cheek. 

"What are we gonna do?", Harry asked as he calmed down from the quick wave of emotions and leaned on Louis who held him. 

"I was thinking of taking you for a little picnic date.", Louis answered and kissed Harry's head before he looked up at Louis. 

"But it's cold and I can't be seen?", Harry asked in a tone of uncertainty. Louis smiled and licked his lips.

"Don't you think I've thought of all of this before presenting it to you?", Louis chucked to which Harry blushed lightly. "I bought some of your favorite fruits and goodies on my way home and I've prepared with blankets and pillows upstairs so we can build a little fort and we can put it right by the fireplace. I know it's not a real one in a park, but we're doing it our own way."

"Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows?", Harry pouted fondly as he placed his hands on Louis' chest after turning towards him. Louis smiled and nodded firmly. Harry gasped before his face lit up and he jumped up from the couch. "What are you waiting for?!", Harry exclaimed excitedly and grabbed Louis' hand to pull him up as well. 

Louis chuckled and stood up as well. He held Harry's hand as they made their way to the kitchen where Louis had left the bag with fruits and candies and a cake earlier when he arrived after a morning meeting. Harry smiled and immediately grabbed a hold of a chocolate bar sticking up from the bag causing Louis to laugh of fondness. Louis lifted the bag up on the counter to prepare the stuff in bowls and on plates.

"Do you wanna prepare these or build a fort?", Louis asked Harry who stood right behind him and blushed as Louis looked over his shoulder to catch him taking a bite of the chocolate already. 

"Foods.", Harry answered and gave Louis a smile. Louis smiled back and stepped aside for Harry to be able to work. 

"Be careful with the knives.", Louis said and kissed Harry on his cheek before he went upstairs to get the blankets and pillows. 

Meanwhile Harry stayed in the kitchen washing off, cutting up and placing out everything nicely on the plates, Louis was in the living room creating some sort of fort by using dining chairs that he hung blankets over and covered the squared area between the chairs on the floor with pillows. Then he lit up the fireplace just in time for Harry to be carrying a big bowl of candies into the living room. 

"Awww!", Harry pouted as he saw how nicely Louis had made it causing Louis to look up at him and smile. 

"You like it?"

"I love it, daddy!", Harry exclaimed as Louis gestured for him to take a place inside the fort meanwhile he went to heat up the hot chocolate and get the rest of the cake and fruits. "Daddy is spoiling us.", Harry said as he looked down at his tummy and caressed it. 

"I know you told me you didn't want any gifts but I noticed that you looked at something a lot recently so I did get you a gift.", Louis said to which Harry tilted his head after they had eaten some of the goodies.