Chapter 16

By the time Harry came downstairs after his nap and changing from his sweats to better clothes, the party had already started. It wasn't as chaotic as it was the previous year since it was just their closest friends and siblings there. Harry made his way through living room and into the kitchen where he found Gemma, Lottie and Fizzy along with Chris and Maxwell. 

"Haz!!", Gemma exclaimed excitedly as she spotted her brother by the refrigerator. 

"Gems!", Harry giggled before she hugged him.

"How are you? How's the baby?", Gemma asked before she looked down at his belly after pulling back from the hug. 

"I'm good, rested. And the little one is good too.", Harry said proudly and looked at Gemma who looked fondly at him. "How are you? Drunk already?", Harry giggled to which Gemma gasped before she shook her head.

"I am able to be in a good mood without having to be completely wasted, Harold!"

"I'm kidding, gosh! You come around here and 'Harold' me even!", Harry giggled to which Gemma stuck out her tongue at him before he walked with her to the others and started chatting with them as well. 

"Harry! I convinced them, let's go!", Niall shouted as he spotted Harry in the kitchen after looking around for him since he wasn't upstairs anymore. Harry turned around and looked at Niall confused before Niall grabbed his wrist and started pulling him out of the room. 

"What's happening? Convinced who of what?", Harry asked as the two made their way out on the backside porch. As they got outside Harry saw Louis, Liam and Zayn waiting for them. 

"We gotta take pictures!", Niall exclaimed as he and Harry reached the others. 

"He is stubborn.", Liam chuckled as he picked up his phone from his pocket. Harry was still confused as the others gathered around him. That's when he felt a hand on the small of his back underneath his shirt. He turned his head to his left to see Louis smiling at him. 

"He literally begged to take group pictures, the five of us.", Louis explained to Harry who giggled.

"But I can't be seen in pictures...?", Harry said suddenly and looked down at his belly bump before he pouted and looked at Louis who smiled fondly. 

"Don't you think we thought of that, baby? We'll cover it up.", Louis said and caressed Harry's cheek causing him to smile. "How did you sleep?", Louis whispered meanwhile Liam and Niall argued which phone they would use for the pictures. 

"Really good, I feel rested for now.", Harry giggled and leaned his head on Louis' shoulder. Louis smiled and kissed his temple. "About good, you look amazing."

"Thank you, so do you, my beautiful angel."

They gathered together as Niall decided to take the pictures but with Harry's phone since he according to the rest had the best camera. Harry was placed in the middle and in the back as the others promised to cover his body. Louis was obviously next to Harry and had Liam in front of him. Niall was to Harry's left and in front of him he had Zayn. They took multiple different selfies before they were pleased. As it was Nialls idea to even take the photos, he was eager to post it as soon as Harry sent it to him. 

NiallHoran_: Spending New Years eve with these idiots!🤪 Happy new year!!!🎉

Louis wrapped his arm around Harry's shoulders as they made their way back inside as it was cold standing out there. Harry smiled and looked at Louis who looked back at him after sipping from his drink. 

"You're really handsome tonight.", Harry said softly and smiled to which Louis smiled at first before he raised his eyebrow smirking. 

"Just tonight?", Louis asked teasingly and Harry nudged him in his side before he tried to pull away but Louis wouldn't let him. Instead Louis pulled him closer and started placing multiple kisses all over his face. Harry giggled and let his hand on Louis' forearm that laid across his chest. 

"Always.", Harry corrected himself and Louis chuckled while smirking. 

"Not as handsome as you are."

Harry climbed up on a stool in the living room after pushing it closer to the wall to be able to lean his back against the back without falling off. Louis jumped on another one next to him and wrapped his arm around Harry who smiled and leaned his head against his shoulder. 

The music was pounding in the living room and their friends were either dancing on the living room floor, hanging out in the kitchen or out on the porch. Harry stayed on the stool meanwhile Louis and some of the boys went to the kitchen to take shots. As Harry was sitting by himself, slightly moving from side to side along the rhythm to the music, Gemma came and sat down next to him. 

"Well hello there, curly.", Gemma said to catch Harry attention. Harry chuckled and smiled.

"Hello there, sis." 

"Ain't it funny?"

"What?"

"Same place, same time, just with a lot of changes between."

"What are you talking about?"

"Last New Years. We sat here and you were frustrated about the situation with Louis and even drunk. Now we are here again but this time you're happy and sober."

"Making it sound like I had some drinking problem!", Harry giggled to which Gemma laughed and shook her head. 

"To be honest with you, your limits are not the best. Or your knowledge of your limits."

"That's true.", Harry chuckled and looked around them. "How is he doing?", Harry asked as he turned to Gemma who looked at him. 

"Having a good damn time!", Gemma giggled and peeked out to the kitchen where both her and Harry spotted Louis and Zayn from where they were sitting. "He is clearly happier as well."

Harry looked at Gemma who smiled fondly at Harry. He knew that she was saying it like it was Harry himself that physically got rid of Eleanor. The two of them stayed chatting for a while before Gemma went out on the floor to dance. Meanwhile Harry got off the stool and went to the kitchen where Niall greeted him with a long hug as if he had been gone for days.