fool proof

unfinished prompt :')

"I love you and only you, James. I can't imagine myself with anyone else." I look up and nod at my reflection. "Yeah. That sounds good.

I turn from my mirror and grab my phone, keys and wallet from the top of my drawer before leaving my house.

Today's the day. I'm finally going to tell James about my feelings for him after years of pining after him.

I've gotten so close to this moment so many times, but I've never been able to follow through. But today is the day it actually happens. I have what I'm going to say planned out, I'm dressed in my nicest casual outfit and my teeth have been brushed 5 times. Just to be safe.

I get in my car and start driving to James' house. He invited me over to hang out at his place and I decided it's time I take this confession seriously.

As I'm driving I rehearse the plan in my mind.

Step 1: Hang out and have fun. He'll be in a good mood (hopefully) and it'll make it easier to ask.

Step 2: Tell him I need to tell him something.

Step 3: Say what I rehearsed then ask him out and hope for the best.

Fool proof.

Unfortunately, I'm a fool but hopefully it'll still go okay.

I arrive at his house and park my car. I head up to his front door and knock.

"Coming!" James shouts from inside. I take a deep breath in an attempt to calm myself down.

"Adam!!" The door swings open. James stands with a bright smile on his face and his arms held out. I smile and wave, immediately getting tackled in a hug. "Hey! How's it going?" He asks, pulling back after a few seconds.

"O-oh, um... Good. I-I'm going good," I say, stutters littered through my sentence. Just being in his presence makes me flustered. Man, I'm gonna struggle with telling him for sure.