Veritas estate

Damons POV

"Shes hiding something and I know it!" I muttered to nobody in particular as I walked through the forest, frustrated that stefan could relax with someone and I couldn't .

There was a rustling behind me so I spun to face whoever or whatever was behind me.

Cass.

"Hey bro, wassup?" she chirped almost too happily.

"Your hiding something. And I don't like it."

"Me? Why would I hide something from my dear brother?"

People always said she was like me when we were younger, but I'm sure that I was never This frustrating.

"What Damon? You've realized how much alike we really are? How patronizing you can be to other people?"

"Cass listen to me. Whatevers going on I can help. Rememeber how close we used to be?"

"Is this Damon Salvatore being sensitive? Damon, any relationship we ever had disappeared around the same time you abandoned me."

And with that she was gone. Leaving me to dwell on what she had said.

But it wasn't my fault. Old Saint Stefan had been the one who had told me she had died, and I believed him. I had ruined whatever trust there ever was between us as a family unit.

Cass's POV

I scuffed my shoes on the sidewalk frustratedly as I walked out towards the esate that we had lived on when our Father was alive.

I looked around and smiled. I truly felt like I was at home, and it wasn't too hard to accuire ownership once I established I was a relative.

The stone walls were in perfect condition, and the lawns and surrounding gardens were perfectly tamed after the gardener I had hired.

I was determined to return this place back to it's former glory.

I wonder why Stefan and Damon hadn't bothered to come back here.

I reached up under the eave and was shocked to find that the key was still there.

I walked into the livingroom and found that nothing had changed in over 150 years, moms chair was still in front of the fire place, gathering dust.

I set to work at cleaning all rooms and items, in a few days I might even invite the boys over, see if they liked what I had done.

What was I thinking?

Of course I wouldnt invite them. I couldn't trust them now.

But a girls night in might be fun....

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N

Hello. I'm enjoying writing this and showing the two different sides of Cass and Damon being sensitive.

Vote! Comment!

Thanks

Love!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIi26GbddCWcpUI6FRf0C4Qk1yt8650GqRovqFAuRaAN1NFQTGFg

Ps, this is what I imagined the house to be like