The Man In Black Shades

.~·~°~·~. Jake's POV.~·~°~·~. .~·~°~·~.

              I walked along the slippery ice as people made faces at me as they drove by. I continued walking. This was normal... but every day I had some spare time to have a good cry. I felt like doing it right now. I always did.

The words kept circling in my head. "Love is a very strong word my dear, and there are many ups and downs to it. You will find out when you are older."  And here I am nanna, I've never found out at all...

I entered the bulding and hung up my jacket. I worked at a public library near my house. It was a nice job, though some employees worry about me a lot. I started putting some books on shelves and checking out books for other people. I knew this day would be the same as the others.

But it didn't. It changed my life.

              A man with black pointy shades came to check out a book. I scanned it for him but he didn't leave just yet. "Hey bro why do you look so sad" I looked up at his face. My emerald eyes that looked more like a dull kind of green color stared at his shades. "It's nothing..." I mumbled as I looked away, continuing my work.

I put some books on the shelves. I was always beat up by some other employees or made fun of. They decided to push the whole book shelf to hurt me. I didn't care. As the shelf tipped over, I looked up. I was ready for the pain. Crash. Yep. That noise was what I was looking for. But no. It didn't happen. Someone prevented it from falling. And it wasn't a employee who did it, it was the man in the black shades.