John Egbert

Hi. My name is John. I'd like to tell you about my never ending story. Can...Can I trust you guys not to tell anyone? Okay. It all happened when i decided to run away.
I packed my bag at night knowing where I'd go. This was probably the most dangerous things I've ever done. I knew but didn't care. I didn't want to live this trapped life anymore.
It was 11:34 pm. I stepped out of my room as I crept to the door. Opening the door I looked behind myself and wiped my tears away. "Bye dad..." I quietly said closing the door and running as fast as I could.
I didn't stop. I ran past the cars that honked their horns at me. "Hey kid! Watch where you're going!" They would say. I didn't care if I got ran over. I didn't care. I didn't care about anything anymore.
Someone grabbed my hand as a familiar voice said to me, "John. War are you doing?" I turned to see Dave with messy hair and a tired expression on his face. "Leave me alone!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face. I ran and ran but he still ran after me. I finally gave up and my knees dropped to the floor. Dave sat down next to me on the ground. "John." I gritted my teeth and looked away. I was a crying mess. "Please tell me what happened. It'll be okay." I looked at him. "No I won't."
Since I was little, I've been trying to run away. My dad couldnt trust me anymore. I felt like a caged bird. I was a horrible kid back then. I sweared, cheated, and faught with other kids. I didn't want to be like this anymore. I wanted to die.
I told Dave everything. To where I wanted to cut myself and die. He comforted me until I said. "I've been walking in the wrong path." He smiled and hugged me. "Looks like you've walked in the right path for once then." Dave had let me go and I went into a rest stop to go to the bathroom. My eyes were a mess from crying. I want to stay strong... At least for now ...
Its been a few days since I've ran away. I want to go home now...I want to see my dad's face again.
I ran home as I opened the door. "Dad...?" The house was empty. "Dad......?" I repeated as I looked around. Then I called Ms.Lalonde. "have you seen my dad...?" I asked as I heard her sniffling from the other line. "John.... He had a heart attack on passed away when you where gone... He was worried about you..." I slammed the phone down and ran out of the door. No...Please...This can't be happening ...
I cried on the front porch as people walked by. After a while I heard a voice. "I hate my dad! I mean, they should just drop dead already!" "I know right?!" Another voice yelled at them. "Dads are awesome and ironic! Stop saying that you idiots" they mumbled and left. This familiar voice was Dave he looked down at me and smiled. "Rose and Jade and I are going to visit Karkat and the others . we'll grab some faygo for you" rose and jade stood behind him with a sad smile on their faces. They turned to leave as they walked away. A smile appeared on my face. I got up and ran. They turned around and smiled as well. "Wait, wait up guys!"