Nanna, I Wanna Fall In Love

When I was a kid, we had a project of what you want to be when you grow up. I listened to every word my teacher said. Skipping back home, I held my nanna's hand. I always was the joyful one. "Nanna, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up." I sighed. She looked at me and smiled. "Dear, you can be anything you want, like a hero." She said walking towards the park. I played in the playground as I drew pictures with chalk on the concrete. I wasn't certainly the best. I ran around ans stopped when I saw a couple pass by. They were in love of course. Tugging at my grandmother's shirt, I pointed at the couple. "I wanna be that." I said.

Myself as a child didn't know why, but I just wanted to be a husband. "Nanna, what is that called?" Her face lit up. She was very happy at the thought that I wanted to fall in love. "Their in love." She said smiling. "They are boyfriend and girlfriend." I tilted my head. I sure was dumb when it came to ten years ago huh. Then the words came out again. "Nanna, what is love?"

When we arrived at home, I started drawing myself and another person with me. We were both smiling and there was a heart around us that I have drew. I hugged it to my chest and smiled. "Nanna, I wanna fall in love when I get older!" She chuckled and went into her bedroom. "Good night my dear." Nanna laughed and kissed ny forehead.

I went to school the next morning and waited my turn to show my picture. "When I grow up, I want to fall in love!" Everyone smiled and some bous whispered to each other about it laughing.

At recess, some boys pushed me and stomped on my feet. Yes. I was being bullied my chums. I cried after school amd ran home. My grandmother hugged me as I cries some more. And the words they told me changed my life. "You never fall in love dork!" They laughed.