Always, Mi Amor -Pepa x Genderfluid Reader

Pepa trying to help her partner figure out their gender <3 And Y/N was previously female before discovering herslf

Pepa POV:

"Mi Vida, please open the door," I said quietly as I stood behind my door, listening to my girlfriend sob. I nervously glanced to the sky, dark clouds forming above the village. I started to stroke my hair in attempt to calm myself.

"Casita, um, could you open the door?" I let out a deep breath when the door slowly opened, revealing my beautiful Y/N sitting on the floor. I slowly approached her.

"You aren't meant to see me this way," She brang her knees to her chest and buried her face behind them. I sat down beside her, imitating her position.

Tears stained her cheeks, her eyes puffy and bloodshot.

"Amor, can you tell me what's wrong? I need to know," I placed a hand onto her shoulder, causing her to look at me in a very upsetting manner.

"Uh, I, um," Her eyes darted around, then she sighed. "Pepa, I don't know who I am," She said, letting her legs slip down a fraction.

"What do you mean, amor?" I've never understood people very well, unlike my sister. Y/N looked at me sadly.

"Well, sometimes I feel like a girl. Sometimes I feel like a boy, and sometimes I just feel like nothing," I nodded slowly. I knew what this meant.

"Y/N, you know you can be whatever you want. I'll love you anyway," I placed my hands into her cheeks, cupping them. She stared into my eyes, and I did the same to her. Then she started crying again.

"Mi Vida," I said silently, bringing her body closer to mine and letting her head fall into my lap.

"You don't have to be someone you aren't. I'm happy to have a partner, I don't need a girlfriend. I can still go around saying I'm dating an awesome person, I can use they/them pronouns for you, my love," I stroked their hair gently. They finally cracked a tiny smile.

"What did I do to deserve you Pepa? Thank you," Y/N lifted their head and positioned themself onto their knees to look at me. I smiled and pulled them close.

"Always, mi amor. Always," I pulled their face away and pecked them on the lips, and their cheeks became a shade of pink. I laughed.

"C'mon, let's go steal some of my sister's food," I took their hand into my own, and walked with my beautiful partner downstairs.