Chapter 30: Trust

Kaldur's POV

Well.

Today, Roy would become a member of the Justice League, only a week after he joined it. A week since Madison revealed her uncertain past to us.

It was a surprise certainly, but Madison was a trusted member of the team. We knew she was above the mistakes she made three years ago.

And as Red Arrow left the team, we would get a new member: Raquel. Aka, Rocket.

Currently, we were in the Hall of Justice library, talking and watching the League grant membership to others.

It was slightly annoying. We had proven our loyalty and abilties more than a large number of the people out there, yet we were not eligible to become League members because of our age.

Yet, Shazam remained a member of the League despite revealing that he was a ten year old.

What did we have to do for them to consider us equals?

Almost reading my mind, Wally decided to say something.

"I'm glad the League decided to keep Billy on the team." He said, "And it's kind of funny that there is a ten year old on the League."

"There is!?" Raquel exclaimed, looking over from the T.V.

"Way to keep a secret." Robin elbowed him.

"Ow. I mean, she's on our team. Who cares if she knows?" Wally asked.

"Superman is now handing out official League membership cards." Cat Grant said.

"Does anyone else find it funny the League has membership cards?" Madison asked.

"A little." Artemis replied.

"He is now handing over a membership card to their newest recruit; Icon." Cat Grant said.

"You know, I was the one to convinced him to become a superhero in the first place. I should be the one out there celebrating with him, not hidden away down here." Raquel complained.

"Welcome to our world." I sighed.

She paused, "Well, I suppose there are cooler things down here too."

Madison's head whirled around and she looked at Raquel. Her hood covered her expressions and once again, I wished that I had Superman's ex-ray vision.

Robin's watch started beeping and he looked down.

"Guys, we have ourselves a mission. The first one with Raquel." He announced.

"What happened?" I questioned.

"Cheshire has been spotted." He said.

I nodded and we ran to the zeta beams, traveling to the cave where the bioship was sleeping.

Once everyone was ready, we were on our way.

Robin pulled up the images of Cheshire boarding an airplane. In her hand, I spotted a familiar case.

"Is that the case that got away?" I asked, looking at Madison.

She nodded.

"Ok, I'm guessing from this mugshot that Cheshire is the bad guy, but what's so important about this case?" Raquel asked.

"Remember the Injustice League?" Robin asked.

"The ones who made giant evil plants? Uh, yeah!" She exclaimed.

"They went to prison, but their allies are still scheming. Whatever is in the container must be extremely important for their plans." I continued.

"We had a chance to get it, but Red Arrow's trust issues messed everything up because he started tracking Artemis instead of staying with Aqualad." Wally explained.