24

Johnny watched the rain droplets trickle down his bedroom window. The sun was barely out now. What was once a pink sunset turned into gray nothingness as rain clouds rolled in.

He considered placing a bet on which raindrop would fall first, but he felt it too childish.

He still had a stack full of homework to complete. Textbook on textbook on worksheet on essay. But he couldn't get himself to move at the moment.

"THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" A voice in his head said. "Get up. You have so much work."

On the inside, he was moving. Heart beating, all scurrying to get the work done. Trying to pull Johnny away from the window. On the outside, he was still glued to it. Sweater Weather softly playing in his headphones. Drip, drop, drip, drop. The raindrops went. He laid down and shut his eyes.

This was the most at peace he's ever been.

———

2:31.

Johnny woke up. A random song he didn't recognize was playing. Some pop song about being jealous.

He rubbed his eyes, stretched. He was still drowsy. He started drifting off again.

He was about to close his eyes for good when he noticed a random stack of stuff on his table. He thought nothing of it.

His eyes snapped open. "Holy shit." He said. Scrambling as he suddenly remembered he never did his work.

"Welp. Today is gonna suck."

—————————————————————
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter.

Love you always,
X