Chapter 1

"Ready?"

"Just do it. It's better if you don't count down."

"Alright."

The usual conversation that takes place before I'm injected with my chemotherapy. My nurse Miss Jones is the best. She's been my nurse since I was admitted about a year ago. *Spindle-Cell Sarcoma Cancer* is what I have. It was caught at an early stage but its not fully gone yet or inactive so until it is, I'm stuck here in the children's hospital of my hometown. My parents come and visit after work other than that I'm here alone with my nurses and one other person that knows what I'm going through. My friends from school come visit me when they can. Since I've been in the hospital I've been home-schooled. It's my senior year and I'm missing everything. The needle in my arm starts hurting so I call back Nurse Jones.

"Yes darling? Are you okay?" She's asks with her gentle voice.

"Yeah, it's just that the needle is moving and it's hurting." I say looking at her with a bit of pain in my facial expression.

"Okay hold on."

She gets latex gloves from the box on the wall and comes to me. She gets three cotton balls and medical tape. She forms a wall with the cotton balls and tapes them together onto my hand. The needle doesn't move when I lift up my hand to test it. I smile and look at her.

"Thanks Nurse Jones."

"Not a problem Vi."

My nickname here. My full name is Violet Jane Grey. Usually my friends just call me Grey, very few call me Vi. She takes off the latex gloves and smoothes out my short hair. It's like that because I had to get radiation when I first got here and it was falling out. Now its growing back but it is still extremely short, I like it though. Nurse Jones leaves and I sink back into the chair grabbing a magazine that I brought in here, along with a book. The first beautiful face I see on the cover is Harry Styles. The curly long haired member of One Direction. One of my favorite bands. They're music is amazing just like all of them. My hospital room is covered with all kinds of entertainers faces from Frank Sinatra and David Bowie to Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley to One Direction and Ed Sheeran and from Aerosmith to Green Day. I'm a very diverse person when it comes to music. My taste I would say, is impeccable. One of my school friends brings me vinyl records every now and then, I have a few of my own. Anyways enough about my music taste, back to the dilemma I am having. One Direction is coming for a concert here so I either go there or go to Europe. I'm not using my wish from the Genie's, my parents just want me to decide on one. There's a surprise for both of them that I don't know about. They just said both come with surprises so whichever I pick I will be happy with what comes with them. I really want to see One Direction especially that 5SOS are opening up for them again. I think I'm going with the concert instead of Europe. It's a difficult decision, but one will be made.