Chapter 5

After the concert we're escorted into the guys' lounge room. They're all changing from their stage clothes back into their regular ones. Darcy, Jane, and I wait on the couches talking about the concert. Then both of them had the bright idea of making me sing for them. I don't do it often, usually by myself or while I'm in the shower. They forced me because they have leverage of telling the boys about my cancer so I do it. I stand up and lean against the wall finding a song to sing on my iPod. I put it on speaker, which is pretty loud, and play a song. I clear my throat and begin singing Michael Jackson's original version of Love Never Felt So Good.

Nurse Jackson walks in but just sits next to the girls when she hears me singing. The song finishes and another one plays this time it's Sunday Morning by Maroon 5. I continue singing because I know they're going to make me anyways. After that song finishes 18 by One Direction comes on ironically so I begin singing that one as well.

Harry's POV

As we're all heading back to where Violet and her friends are I start to hear singing. I shush the boys and they hear it too. The door is open a crack and I see Violet standing against the wall eyes closed and singing. I move so the guys can see her as well. When they all did I move back in front of them to watch her. She's singing the end of a Michael Jackson song and then a Maroon 5 song begins. She continues singing that one as well and then one of our songs come on. All the boys and I look at each other. They're smiling at me.

"Go." Liam whispers.

"What do you mean?" I whisper back.

"Go do a duet with her. You wrote the song anyways." Zayn whispers back for Liam. I feel embarrassed but I slowly stand up and open the door softly. Violet's eyes are still closed but her friends and Nurse Jones see me come inside, followed by the boys who stand against the wall across from them. I put a finger to my mouth to signal them to be quiet and they do.

That's when I come in for Zayn's part where it's slow.

"Kiss me where I lay down my hands pressed to your cheeks along way from the playground."

I watch Violet's eyes snap open in shock and I motion for her to continue singing with me. She does and we finish the song in harmony.

"I want to love like you made me feel when we were Eighteen."

It's quiet and then everyone claps and cheers. I'm still looking at Violet as we both bow. Her face is red and she looks down. I smile. Seeing her embarrassed is adorable. The guys go over to her to tell her what a great voice she has.

Violet's POV

I hear another voice before I start singing a part of the song and my eyes open quickly. I see Harry singing and smiling. He motioned for me to continue so I do. We finish the song then everyone cheers and claps. I look down embarrassed I know I'm blushing to the extreme right now. As I was thinking on what I should do next the boys of both bands come and tell me that I have a great voice and things like that. I notice Harry watching and he smiles softly at me before waiting for all the guys to finish.

"You have a great voice." Liam says amazed.

"Yeah, you're super good." Calum adds.

"You should open for either of us when we go our separate ways for our own tours." Michael says excited.

"We call her!" Louis yells.

"Not fair! I suggested it." Michael yelled back.

They all started arguing and I looked at my friends embarrassed. I covered my face with my hands and shook my head. I felt a tap on my shoulder so I looked up to see Harry. He smiled at me through all the boys arguing.