Chapter four: Shopping and ice cream

Luca P.O.V.

We reached the mall and she got Skylar out but kept him in his car seat. She grabs a stroller out of the back of the car that I didn't even know she put in there. When we walked in her whole face lit up.

I wonder how long it's been since she went shopping in a mall.

All I care about right now though is the fact that she has the biggest smile on her face and I'm the one who put it there.

"Can we go in that one first?" She says pointing at a store I have never been in.

"Today is your day. Of course, we can," I say and if it's possible I think her smile got bigger.

She grabs my hand and pulls me with her. I grab Skylar's stroller because she is going to need two hands. Sara looks around the store in excitement.

She looks through some clothes then holds up two shirts. A black one and a pink one.

"Luca, Which one do you like?" She looks at the tops real hard.

I wish I could tell her I would like anything on her.

"They are both nice. Which one do you like?" I tell her.

" I like both but I don't want to spend a lot of your money. You worked hard for it," She says with a little pout. Oh, how I want to kiss that pout away.

I quickly look away. I can't think that.

"Don't worry about the money, get what you want. There is a baby section over there too for Skylar," I say smiling at her. She is so pure. Always thinking about other people.

We have shopping for about 3 hours. Every time she would find something she liked she would choose from them when she thought I wasn't watching. I would go behind her and grab the clothes she put back because I want to get her everything she wants.

She looked upset but you could see it in her eyes she appreciated it. I wanted to tell her how much I cared about her. I wanted to tell her my feeling but I can't, not yet.

After shopping for almost 4 hours I hear her stomach growling. I saw her face get bright red and I couldn't help myself and I laughed.

"Are you hungry?" I ask her. She nods.

"Let's go get food," I say while grabbing her hand. She intertwines our hands and I smile. Glad she didn't think the move was too bold

"What kind of food do you want?"She grabs the stroller with her other hand.

"Hmm, what about hamburgers?" She says while looking at me. I nod and we walk to get food.

She sits down and grabs Skylar out of the stroller after we order. I know she just met me yesterday but all I can think about is how she would look with our children. I snap out of it when she calls me.

"Luca, can you hand me his formula please?" I nod my head yes and grab it for her. She makes Sky a bottle and gives it to him.

After she fed and burped him she smells him and scrunches her nose. I laugh at how adorable she is.

"Can you hand me the whole diaper bag I need to change him?" I nod my head and she goes to change him. A little while later she comes back and so does the food.

After we eat I asked her if she wanted ice cream and she nodded her head quickly. I see an ice cream shop not far away so I take her there.

As soon as I walked in I knew it was a bad idea. I hear a familiar voice

"Is that my best friend in the whole wide world?" Ricardo says.

He comes up to me and squeezes my cheeks. I slap his hands away so he tries to hug me.

"Get off me, you big oaf!" I yell at him as I push him away.

"How rude!" (If you have ever seen the original full house you'll know) "I'm your best friend. You aren't supposed to push me away!!" he yells at me.

"Not right now Ri-"

"Oouu whos this pretty girl and adorable baby?" Ricardo says interrupting me.

Sara stands in front of Skylar and hides behind me. I don't know if I'm happier at the fact that she trusts me enough to hide behind me or irritated that Ricardo is scaring her.

"Hi honey I'm Ricardo, This oaf's best friend," he says with a big smile.

"I-I'm Sara Lee and this i-is S-Skylar," she says stuttering a little. Ricardo's eyes get as big as saucers.

Oh shit, now I have to explain.

"Beautiful name love. And he is so cute. Is he your son?" Ricardo asks

Her eyes get huge and she shakes her head but I talk before she can.

"No that's her baby brother. Sara, why don't you go pick out an ice cream flavor for us? We will be there in a minute," I tell her.

Sara looks at me and I nod my head at her. She takes the stroller and goes over there. I turn back to Ricardo.

"She's Sara Lee?" He whisper yells, but it was more of a yell.

"Be quiet idiot," I look at her to make sure she didn't hear him. But no, she has Skylar in her arms and was looking at ice cream flavors. He must've woken up.

"My guy did you freaking kidnap her?" he says trying to stay quiet.

"You're an idiot. No, I didn't kidnap her," I say already tired of this conversation.

"She looked a little scared right. Are you sure?" He says.

"Probably because she doesn't know you and you came up to us like a freaking crazy person," I say irritated.

"Sure Luc. I'm going to tell Vale. He is going to be upset you didn't tell him," He says like he just thought of the smartest thing ever.

Ric, he isn't going to give a crap," I say with an eye roll.

"Yeah, sure we'll see later," he goes to walks away, and I grab him by the arm.

"Why are you even working here?"

Because unlike some people Luc I actually have a life unlike you besides stalking Sara. Now I need to go give ice cream to your princess. Bu-bye," he says dramatically and walks behind the counter.

The entire time they were talking he was making annoying remarks about me but what made me okay with it is she looked so happy. Maybe now she and I can talk without her seeing me as a complete stranger.

But, I'm not getting my hopes up. I was her guardian now unfortunately I can't be thinking or looking at her any other way.

I hope I can control myself.

But in realization, I just want her happy. Even if she finds it with another guy. My heart hurts just thinking about her with someone else. No one could love, spoil or protect her as I can.

But, one thing I know for sure is I will make her happy until the minute I take my last breath.