Chapter seven: Why?

Skylars wakes up a little later and starts crying. I drop my pencil and look over at him.

"Hi baby, did you have a good nap?" I say to Skylar as I'm picking him up.

After I pick him up I walk downstairs and make him a bottle. When I give him the bottle, I hear voices in the living room, so I walk toward it and I see Luca, Valentino, Ricardo, and two other men I have nev4er met. They are all quietly talking in another language. It sounds like Italian, I know how to speak it, but I am not close enough to hear.

Ricardo is the first to notice me. He looks up and smiles.

"Ahh, I was wondering when you would come down. How are you, Sara?" Ricardo says getting up and coming up to me. He hugs me and I half-smile.

"I'm okay Ricky, how are you?" I ask him.

"Ohh look at that I got a nickname before you! Haha." He says looking back at Luca and the men who I just realized are all staring at me.

"Actually Luca got a nickname first because I knew him longer. I just don't call him it when other people are around. " My eyes get wide "I'm sorry, you all look like you are in a meeting. I should go. Nice seeing you again Valentino," I say to them and walk back upstairs.

I was doing more homework while watching Skylar when someone knocks on my door. I say come in and Luca walks in.

Unfortunately, my brain went down memory lane and I can't remember the last time my father had knocked on my door instead of just barging in or kicking it. I remember my anxiety rising the more he would mess with my door.

Thank goodness I don't have to deal with that anymore.

I come out of my thoughts and see Luca already in my bedroom.

"Hey," he says.

Hey Luc, what's up?" I say smiling slightly at him.

"Well for one I wanted to tell you the meeting is over and I was wondering if you want to go get something to eat or go on a walk with me?" He says.

"Um, sure when would you like to go?" I ask him. I can feel my face getting hot just from talking to him.

"Well, I need to take a shower. How about you get yourself and Skylar dressed and then meet me downstairs?"

"Sure sounds good," I said.

He nods, then walks out of my room. For some reason, I'm a little nervous. Well, I am going out to eat with a handsome man. My insecurities come to mind.

Why does he want to hang out with me? Does he even like me? Does he see me and Skylar as burdens? Why would he want to take care of a seventeen-year-old girl and her baby brother?

Today I learned he is 21-years-old. Ever since he told me that I can't help but wonder why he took guardianship over me and Skylar. Guys his age normally like to party and have fun. Most don't want responsibilities.

(A/N: I personally don't think that. I think every man or boy is different so please don't come for me.)

Maybe I should just ask him.

While thinking all of this I get Skylar dressed in a black t-shirt. I put his nice and comfy baby jeans on him. I bought him these cute little red converse so I put those on him too. His hair is too short to do anything with it so I just brush it to the side.

After I get him ready I put him in his walk and I get dressed in a simple long sleeve black dress that I bought today that I thought was pretty. I paired that with these red 4-inch high heels I got today to match with Skylar. I put my hair down and it was wavy like always. As I was putting mascara on someone knocked. I put the makeup down and I open the door to see Luca in a black tailored suit.